「 SIX 」

S I X

Italics = Sign Language

The cabin was silent, apart from the soft snores that came from the bed inside. Not aware of the fact that she was alone, and the fact that her and her friends were in danger, Olivia slept peacefully. The thought of her returning home when the sun came up again, and the thought of her seeing her sister again surely eased the tension she felt. She was tired from the exhausting day, but also the fact that she couldn't wait till the morning to see her family again.

She faced the wall, while the small cover that was on the bed rested on her waist. Her notebook was by her head, the top of her fingertips brushing it as it lay on her pillow near her head. The note from her sister was on display, and she had read the words over and over again until she drifted off.

She didn't know that Chet was in hot pursuit, making his way through the camp and towards the girl that was asleep on her own. He was angry at the fact that she was on her own. He just couldn't believe that Montana and Brooke had left her there, but the desperation of him being with her overtook his frustration.

Thankfully, their group wasn't too far from the cabins, so it didn't take long for Chet to reach the place where the girl was on her own. He moved at a fast pace which also helped. He knew that he had to grab Olivia as quick as he could, before they headed straight towards the rest of their group so they could head out.

He emerged from the trees slowly, the slowest he went ever since he split from the group. The opening was wide, and anyone who was around was surely be able to see him. He made sure that the coast was clear, made sure that no one was around before he made his way over to the cabin. He kept his eyes on the small building, the room windows were dark from no light being on in there, but he couldn't look inside anyway because the blinds that were once open were closed.

He gripped his turned off flashlight as he neared the door, reaching his hand forwards and slowly opening the door, making sure not to make a lot noise. He stepped in quickly, closing it as quietly before he turned around, turning on the flashlight.

He scanned the room where he was a couple of hours ago, his flashlight filling the dark corners to make sure it was just him and her in the room. Once knew it was clear, he flashed his light over at the bed where she would be staying, and to his relief his eyes fixed on her sleeping figure as she was faced away from him.

He moved from his position by the door, making his way over to the girl. Placing his flashlight down and reaching out, he gently placed a hand on her shoulder and shook her, trying not to startle her. It didn't take long for her to start stirring, her eyebrows scrunching together before her eyes opened as she faced him, her face filling with shock from the sudden face leaning over her. Half asleep, she reached her hands up to push away the person before Chet grabbed her wrists, trying to calm her down.

It took her a few seconds before she realised who it was that restrained her wrists and she calmed slightly, her heart still beating from the fact that he had woken her up. She lay her head back on her pillow and looked up at him once he let go of her.

"What are you doing Chet? You scared the hell out of me" she rubbed her eyes once she signed to him, wondering what her friend wanted. She knew that it wasn't the morning, because it was still dark around her and she felt annoyed at the fact that she was woken up for nothing.

"We need to go, Olivia. We need to leave, now" he told her once she looked at him again. She scrunched her eyebrows together in confusion, seeing the pleading look on his face before she sat up slightly.