Chapter 7: Snowball Fight!

I groggily open my eyes, I must have fallen asleep on watch, I lean up on the tree and my back cracks loudly, making me grunt in pain.

Fang lifts his head at my sudden movement and noise and huffs his warm breath at me, he is completely covered in snow.

In fact everything has a fresh coat of snow laid upon it like a blanket of clouds, I can't Aphmau anywhere, I feel my heart leap in worry, that is, until I see her feet poking out from a blanket of snow.

Fang sees this and shoves his cold nose into the snow.

Snow flies everywhere as she jumps up from her place leaning against Fang's back, flailing wildly for a solid minute before realizing who woke her up.

I laugh, it's hard not to when you see a brave girl scream like a two year old.

I have my eyes closed, and I don't see her when she hurls a snowball at my face, hitting it's mark perfectly, it lands right in my mouth, shutting me up.

"Mmm?!" I give her a wide eyed stare, and I hear Fang make a bark that sounded a lot like a laughing.

She giggles and looks pleased, I however, am anything but.

I spit the snowball out and I grin, ready to enact my revenge.

"You think that's funny do you?" I say aggressively as I hurl two at her head, one missing and the other hitting her dead center.

She goes from giggling to madder than a hornet in less then a second, I realize I might have a better chance of living now with the T-Rex.

I am tackled by her small figure and I try to fight back against the barrage of snow hitting me in the face.

After she successfully drowns me in snow, she gets up off of me and huffs, assumedly patting Fang, I don't know, I can't see anything but snow.

I stand up and shake the snow out of my clothes, I still wanted revenge, but we needed to stay on track, that Rex could still be around.

"I win." She says under her breath, and I have an uncontrollable urge to throw her on the ground and cover her in snow.

"Yeah, yeah, you win." I say instead, just giving in because I know for a fact I'm not winning this argument.

I lead the way as I navigate back home, passing Dodo birds as we walk by, they come right up to us, Fang eyeing them hungrily.

I see him grab one in his teeth, I let him keep it, I don't have to feed him this way, and I wasn't about to wrestle with 800 pounds of wolf for one Dodo.

We reach a part of the forest I am familiar with, but I also hear the footsteps of the Rex, it was distant, but if I can hear it at all that's too close.

Fang hears it too, and he growls. We lead him slowly towards the direction of the cave, until I hear a loud concussive footstep right in front of us.

We were below the other side of the hill that housed our cave, I hear the low growl of the Rex, and feel the earth tremble as it moves.

That son of a brick is right in front of our cave isn't it?

Why wouldn't it be, It was never going to be easy.