Chapter 23: Shorting Out

I walk into the house, I'm greeted with a horrified glance and Aphmau holding my arm, prodding the cracked Implant with her finger.

"That kinda hurts you know." I say a blank expression in my face, and she gives an apology before sticking a sharp object into it.

"That definitely hurts! What are you doing!?" I yell, trying to pull my arm away. But she grips it and continues to prod around.

The Implant cracks and sparkles, and suddenly my vision in my left eye is completely blue, and I see a few memories flash before me.

"What are you doing, That is extremely experimental! That creature could kill us all!" I yell as I hold my throbbing arm, the Implant that I designed drilled into my wrist.

What Armin had done? He had pulled the lever to restart the failed Project Giga. Triggering the alarm and holding me by the neck, I'm tied, or I would  beat him against the elevator wall.

A high, cold laugh piercing my ears and a low rumble of an elevator.

"Mr. Lycan. Did you ever think you had any control?" Something is pulled over my mouth as I gag, I start to pass out from the smell of the white cloth.

"Because you, are delusional."

"Aphmau, Ronan, he's ours, he's our child." She looks at me in surprise and then catches me when I suddenly get lightheaded, my left eye still having a completely blue tint.

"Yeah?" She doesn't seem too bothered by the fact, All three of our 'pets' are helping me into the couch, along with Aphmau, she sits down and starts trying to fix my Implant.

Fire. All I see is Fire, an experiment gone wrong, just as I knew it would.

"Armin, Why did you mix Raptor DNA with T-Rex DNA?! That is literally the worst idea!"

"Don't question me boy! Now let's get out or here before the whole place goes up!"

Luckily, the two DNA's are not compatible, so all that resulted was a semi-medium explosion that took out a gas pipe.

"Stop messing with it, your making it worse..." She stops and looks at my eyes in a worried and almost panicked tone.

"Your eyes. Why are they glowing?!" I groan and sick back into memories.

Aphmau giving birth to Ronan.....

Armin slowly getting more insane with his experiments, and myself designing the Implant, of course my version was powered by solar power, and was not meant to be DRILLED INTO A LIVING BREATHING HUMAN!

"Stop! Agh!" My my heart beats in my ears, but Aphmau has completely abandoned trying to fix the now almost completely split into Implant, pain shooting up my arm.

My eyes glow a brilliant blue and everything is bathed in a blinding blue light, everything hurts, everything is burning, everything is dying.

"Ha....Ha Hahahahahahaha! I did it! I just created life!" I look over, the scientist I'm assisting, Dr. Armin. Hovers over something that is moving slightly, although on my desk was a living breathing wolf pup, asleep of course , I had used regular wolf DNA and was able to slowly introduce direwolf DNA into the wolfs artificial incubator.

His however, is a hideous creature that pulsates and lurches and gurgles. It looks like it's suffering, and not really alive at all.

"Uh.....What did you do? It looks like someone made vomit come to life." I'm not joking, that is genuinely what it looks like.

"Oh like you can do better?" I smirk and point to the baby Direwolf/Grey Wolf hybrid that's snoozing on my desk.

"Yes actually, I can, put that thing out of its misery, it didn't ask to exist, and even that looks painful." I'm sassing off to my 'mentor' yes, but he's not the one who employed me, and I was a much better geneticist then he will ever be.

"You know, I bet you couldn't make anything other than cute little puppies and kittens." The words stir my inner competitiveness and I grin.

"What exactly do you have in mind then?"

"How about..... A Dragon?"

The memory stops and my right eye and most of my left eye slowly go back to normal, but I am left with a permanent slight blue tint in my left eye.

My Implant is bandaged tightly together and seems to be covered in cementing paste, its uncomfortable, and itches like crazy, but at least the memory's have stopped.

"Can you hear me? Aaron?" I don't know how long she had been trying to get my attention, but she definitely had it now, and I had so much to tell her.

"Aphmau. I think I'm the one who created the first things on this Island. And they then reproduced." She hugs me tightly, almost crying but then she stops and processes this information.

"So, you played god, and created an entire stable ecosystem, the force field, the Implants, and then now we're stuck in your own creation?" Well, when she put it like that it sounded as if I am the bed guy, but I don't think I ever planned on creating Jurassic Park and get trapped in it.

"No, I'm saying my inventions were stolen, and then changed, I was just trying to make a solar powered phone charger with the Implants." My Implant is glowing dimly, I want to scratch it so badly, but I don't.

"But with the dino's, I think I was challenged, and well, you know me, I don't back down from a challenge." She nods and continues listening. So, I continue talking.

"The barrier, not my idea, more Armin's.....he.....he wanted to keep the companies project a secret." My head hurts and my blood boils when I think of him, he's the reason everything went wrong.

"So you are a brilliant scientist, a geneticist, and understand quantum physics...?" She contemplates on this and smiles to herself.

"Only I would fall in love with a guy like you." I blush for a second. But I need to focus on serious matters.

"We can't stall any longer, do you have that egg that I brought back?" She pointed to the corner of the room where Obsidian was guarding the egg with her life.

"Good, let it hatch. I'll start working on the Bola gun when my headache goes away, and I stop seeing blue swirls across my left eye." I try to get up but am pushed back down by an upset Aphmau.

"Absolutely not, I think you've had enough progress for one day, I'll start on the gun, I think I know a little bit more about firearms anyway." I muffle a laugh and she takes the challenge of proving herself.

"Fine then, what happens to a bullet when it is fired through a vacuum?" I know the answer immediately, and feel like I'm in school again.

"The bullet will only move to the end of the barrel and the shoot back into the gun because of the vacuum pulling in it." She looks impressed but still shakes her head.

"Yes, but your still not going to over work yourself, besides, you need to spend some time with our son, and then tell me all you remember."