Chapter 32: The End Part:II

We land at the spire, my heart beating with excitement, we are finally going home, finally getting off this island.

We place Armin inside the lab, we are not taking him with us, that, would be extremely dangerous.

I trudge up to the spire, the huge, acid green Implant in my hands, as I approach, a pedestal shoots up from the middle. A mold the shape of the Implant.

I place the Implant in the mold, and the ground shakes, and I see the forcefield around the island start to dissipate.

The spire deactivates, and we have a free shot home.

"We can go now...." Aphmau's voice trials off, her hair blowing in the breeze.

"We can go home." I place a hand on her shoulder, and she flings herself into my arms, crying tears of joy.

"Aaron, we can go home!" I start laughing and she joins in, I pick her up and spin her around, I hold her in my arms as tight as I possibly can.

"Yeah...." I kiss her, lovingly and passionately, caressing her cheeks and holding her steady.

"Let's go home." We both hop on Tribute, and a thought makes it's way to my head.

What about Fang, and the others? What's going to happen to them?

Well, we can't bring them with us.

We land and I have a horrible feeling in my stomach, we have to say goodbye.

I open the door and everyone surrounds us, barking and yelping and hissing in joy that we have returned.

"Papa! Mama!" Ronan shouts from the corner, Zeus curled around him, and Crimson looking up from in front of the fire.

"Everyone, come here." I say, trying to hold back my sorrow.

The mood in the room changes as Obsidian, Fang, Zeus, Crimson, and Ronan walk/waddle over.

I pick up Ronan and he grabs my nose and giggles.

"Everyone, we are leaving the Island." I hear the room fall silent, they know it's time to say goodbye.

Fang whines and licks my fingers, holding his ears flat against his head.

"We can't take you with us, I'm sorry, but this is goodbye." I hear many hisses and yelps, but Crimson steps forward.

She purrs against my chest and for the first time, lets me hug her, I bury my face in her fur, and I feel Fang press his body on my back, Obsidian lay her head on my own. And Zeus hugging my leg.

I hear Aphmau sniff, and we all move to let her in.

"Come on, We all love you too." She flings herself into my arms, and the others hug each other, and all of us.

Ronan is squeezing Zeus, he may be young, but I think he understands what's going on.

Wiping a tear from my eye, I start walking outside. When Fang nibbles on my hand.

He's attempted to put on a cloth strip around his neck, and had a leash in his mouth. And was wagging his tail hopefully.

"I'm sorry bud, but your too big. Tribute won't be able to carry you, and, people won't take kindly to a giant wolf walking around town." His ears and tail droop and he whines.

I hug him, and he shakes, I didn't know wolves could cry.

"We'll see each other again. I know it." I don't know it, but I hope that someday, We can come back, maybe for a week or something.

I rub the side of his huge face, ruffling his course, grey fur.

Aphmau pats his head, and with Ronan on her shoulders, we walk outside.

                "Home, here we come."

End!

That's it folks, The end of the book, now I've already said this once, so you've probably already seen. But If you enjoyed this book, go check out my others.

I'll see you guys, next time.

Buh-Bye!