Chapter 13: Scarred

A scar now ran down the top of my head to my ear, I had opened the skin, but I am lucky enough that I didn't harm my skull.

My leg, however, is still sprained, better, and I can make my way around the loft, I still can't go down the ladder without falling.

So I sit up in the bed, reading over Viper's book, and adding my own entries about the flora, and illustrations of them.

I showcase which ones are edible, and which ones are not, I go into more detail about the island, were water was located, how to cook with the fauna and flora around.

I have no clue why I feel the urge to write down what I've found. But if Viper came before us, then there may be more who come after us.

Besides, It's not like I could go anywhere anyway. Best make the most of the situation, right?

"Aaron, You okay up here?" I look up from my sketching and scoot over so Aphmau can sit beside me, she takes care to not brush my leg.

"I've been better." I groan, fingering the scar on the side of my head, Aphmau sighs and grasps my hand gently, pulling down into hers.

"Why are you so upset about that scar? You have like a billion of them, including the teeth marks on your arm." She asks, she is so close to me, I could kiss her.... if I just...

Don't you dare.

"It's just how I got it, I was stupid. I wasn't paying attention." I feel her hand underneath mine, she had taken her gloves off, it is just her hand that was soft.

"And? Your alive aren't you?" I chuckle, she really knows how to lighten the mood.

"Yeah, I guess your right." I caress the side of her face, both our faces turn pink, and against everything I lean in to kiss her.

I expect her to either slap me or lean away. But she doesn't move, instead she leans forward...

Bark! Bark! Bark! Ruff!

I jump backwards, and by instinct I try to get out of bed, but Aphmau pushes me down into the bed as she jumps down the hatch to see what's wrong.

"Fang! Stop barking, what's wrong?!" I hear her yell from the bottom floor, and I have to chuckle.

I lean back against the headboard, my mind wanders to Aphmau, I groan in my own stupidity, I was so close.

I look down to the implant that was imbedded into my arm, it glows a pale blue as I touch it, the skin around it gets irritated, and itchy, like I said before, it gets uncomfortable when covered up by something.

I press down on it, the itching suddenly stops, and I am surrounded by a blue mist.

"Aaron~" A silky smooth and familiar voice hits my ears. I look over, Aphmau is standing at the foot of a set of stairs.

As I look around, I recognize the house as my home.

"Yeah?" She's wearing a tank top and short shorts that don't leave much to the imagination.

She giggles and kisses my neck, I lose control and kiss her back, roughly on the lips. I'd like to say now that I am not controlling any of this.

"Mmmh, hehehe" She giggles and tangles her fingers into my hair. I slide my hands up her tank top, rolling over her sides.

I feel and hear myself growling, but I have taken a backseat, I just have the ability to watch as my body does the exact opposite as what I tell it.

"Babe what's gotten into you?~" I say roughly, almost in a whisper.

She giggles, and rolls her fingers over my ring finger, it does have a golden wedding ring on it.

"Can't I love on my husband?" She nestles her head under my neck and looks up.

"Absolutely, and I won't be complaining if you do."

"Uh...... Why are you red?" The blue mist quickly fades, and I stare at the person I was just loving in in a memory.

"Uhm..... No reason. So what was Fang barking at?" I quickly change the subject, this might be a memory I keep to myself.

"Crimson stepped on his tail, I had to keep him from pouncing on her." She fell for the distraction, I inwardly sigh in relief.

"Serves her right, she didn't even care when I got hurt." I cross my arms and pout, Aphmau laughs a little, and shakes her head.

"She's the one who carried you up here." She smiles as I process this information, I slowly start to feel guilty.

"Well, Fine, but she still hates me." Aphmau sighs in exasperation, and looks out the window, her hair falling perfectly to the small of her back.

"I'm gonna go hunting, we're running kinda low on food. Don't go anywhere." She giggles at her sarcastic remark, but I am not amused.

"Not like I have a choice." My pout turns into a grin as she ruffles my mop of hair, and gives my a very quick hug that I return.

"Be careful.... Aph." I see her Implant glow slightly and I grin and wait a minute until the memory passes.

She shakes it off and grins before she starts trotting to the hatch.

"I will."