» 07: Hack Hack Hack DANGER!

"You've got about as much charm as a dead slug." I spat, eyeing the Dark Knight. He appeared unfazed by my comment, but his frown was noticeably deeper.

"You are to stay in this room under Captain Marvels watch." He stated once again, said hero waving awkwardly behind him. I did not return such wave, instead, I opted for rolling my eyes, and turning my back away, walking out of the room.

"Where do you think you're going?" Batman called out.

"To get a fucking rice crispy!" I turned the corner, leaving their sights as I walked down the hallway undisturbed. Honestly, who does he think he is, keeping me locked up in the mountain under the watch of a ten year old named Billy? I'd rather have the loud-mouthed blonde.. but, nooo. She's out on a mission with the rest of the team! It probably wasn't even as important as Bats made it out to be! I mean, he is here, and not out looking for the Joker like he promised.

He probably just gave them something that will keep them busy. Preventing them from realizing how utterly useless they are to the League.

Well... Except for Kid Flash. But, that's a different story.

"So. Fucking. Stupid." I huffed, opening the cupboard. What? I actually wanted a rice crispy.

What was the information about?"

"That's a secret, speedster. You would need to make some kind of payment to know."

"Okay, What would you like?"

"How about a kiss?"

"I-I uh. I don't need to know that badly!"

"Fine. How about you let me take you on a date when this is all over?"

"Okay."

"A date.. huh?" I mumbled, leaning leisurely against the counter, nibbling away on the sweet treat.

"What date?" I watched as Captain Marvel walked into the room through the corner of my eye.

"None of your business, kid." I snapped, popping the rest of the rice crispy into my mouth.

"Hey! Who are you calling a kid?! I'm obviously older than you!"

I let a light cackle slip past my lips as I hopped up onto the counter, folding my legs. "You may have been able to fool most of the League, but you haven't fooled me Billy boy." A smile grew on my face. "So, why don't you be a good boy and run along?"

"I was assigned to watch over you, so that's exactly what I'm going to do." He stated, arms folded tightly across his chest.

A roll of the eyes. "Whatever." Hopping off the counter, and swiping another rice crispy, I strolled out of the room once more, making my way over to the big ass computer set up in the main hall.

Time to figure out where the kiddie league went.

Pressing a few buttons, and figuring out some passwords, I had eventually found the file containing the information regarding this mission.

I'm so smart. Go me. You rock.

Apparently, they had been sent out to.. Gotham? That's not right. Why would Batman send them there? He hates people in this city!

"What are you doing?"

"Not now, Billy."

All they're supposed to be doing is...

What the frick frack are they supposed to be doing?

"I don't think you're supposed to be doing that."

"Billy shut the fuck up."

My fingers rapidly typed on the keys, eyes skimming every file that popped up. But there was nothing. Nada. Zip. "Okay. Let's try a different approach." With a few known press of the buttons, I accessed Gotham's live video cameras. Clicking on each one until a glimpse of red and yellow caught my eye. Zooming in, I was met with the sight of a small fire. The familiar figure of my favorite archer buried in the rubble. No one else in sight.

"Is that Artemis?"

"Unfortunately." Sighing, I found the coordination and headed towards the zeta beams. "Come on. It's time to play hero."

"I'm already a hero."

"Shut up, Billy."

Once in the desired area, I watched as Captain Marvel took off towards the fire, I following closely behind. Just as I thought, the fire was small, but it was spreading. Why hasn't anyone come to put it out yet?

"Hey, are you alive?" I asked, lightly smacking Artemis cheek; Captain Marvel removing the rubble. "Hello?"

She groaned slightly, eyes barely opening. "R?"

"The one and only," I smirked. "Now, tell me what happened? Where are the others?" I looked around for the others but found nothing.

"The zeta beams got hacked.. we were sent here instead... Um.." She rubbed her temples slightly. "We were attacked by Joker and this guy in an orange and black mask. He called himself... Death-"

"Deathstroke." I finished, a glare settling on my features. "So he and Joker are working together." Damn. Just my luck.

"They took the others. Saying something about how it was unfair for the super-powered Hero's to intervene in your problems."

"Then why leave you?" Captain Marvel spoke up.

"To make it even," I answered, helping Artemis stand up. "Two powerless Hero's against two powerless villains." I stopped. "Those guys are far from powerless! This isn't fair!" I sighed before a smirk tugged at my lips. "But, they didn't expect one thing." I turned to look at Captain Marvel. Puzzlement spreading across his features.

"What?" He squeaked out. "Is there something on my face."

*******

Author Note:

Look! An update!

I know!! Amazing!!!

Okay. Okay. Calm down. No need to get so excited. XD Anyway, does this chapter make sense? Like, it's not supposed to, but at the same time, it is. I don't know..

Don't judge meh!!!  ;^;

XoXo Author-Chan.

-JJ