» 8: staby pew pew stab

"There's something blocking the comms." I sighed, ripping the now useless device from my ear, and tossing it to the side.

"So, we can't call backup?" Artemis asked in disbelief, fingers tugging at the ends of her hair nervously.

"No." I frowned, racking a hand through my own hair.

How did this turn into me helping the hero's on a rescue mission? I haven't even personally known the guys for 24 hours!

..Too many things are happening. Cry.

"I could go get some help." Captain Marvel offered, but I immediately shot him down.

"No. We would be losing our only trump card against Joker and Deathstroke. Artemis and I would be down in mere minutes- her most likely in seconds."

"Hey!-" She started, but I shot her a look that immediately shut her up.

"Then how about you two wait here until I get back?" Captain Marvel tried again. But, I shot it down all the same.

"That would take too long. Kid Flash and the rest would be dead by the time we got there."

"So, we really have no choice, but to go alone?" He sighed in defeat.

"Afraid so." I nodded, pulling my hood over my head, shadowing my features. "Let's go," I called, walking away.

"We don't even have a plan!" Artemis called, she and Captain Marvel running after me. But, her comment caused a grin to tug at my lips.

Since when have I ever not had a plan?
__________________________

It was dark. Dark enough to hide in. But, I feared it might be a bit too dark for the two Hero's stumbling behind me. "Can you two be any louder?" I whispered, glaring back at them. They both stopped dead in their tracks, lips pressed into a thin line of embarrassment. "Useless," I muttered, continuing on my way.

"How exactly do you know where they are?" Artemis suspiciously asked me. I could feel her eyes glaring holes into the back of my head.

"Do you have any idea who it is you're talking to?" I asked, stopping in front of a worn building. I listened as the sound of creaking wood and howling wind hummed into my ears. It definitely beats the cliche docks every villain seems to adore. But, an "abandoned" cabin in the woods doesn't stray too far from fucking creepy.

"Some kid that thinks he knows everything." I heard Artemis mumble, pulling me from my thoughts. I shot her a glare.

"Wrong. I'm some kid that knows what it is he is doing." I glanced back up at a shattered window, pulling my hood off and laying it on the remaining pieces of glass. Safety first kiddos! "Come on," I instructed jumping up and climbing in. The two following suit.

The second upon entry, I froze, eyes landing on the pile of unconscious Hero's. No inhibitor collars, no restraints, nothing. Flickering memories of my parents plagued my vision as I shook the thought away. I and the two other hero's were quick to run to their side, only one thought currently replaying over and over in my mind.

Please don't be dead.

I slid to a stop, dropping to my knees as I pressed my fingers to Kid Flash's throat, desperately looking for a pulse. Relief flooded through me when I felt a pulse.

"You two go check and see if the others are breathing," I ordered. I took note of the gashes and bruises littering his and everyine else's skin. It looks like they passed out from exhaustion? Torture? Maybe both. Either way, I felt a knawing irritation build up within me.

Standing up, I returned to scouting the area. Knowing that Deathstroke and Joker were close by. Sparing a glance back at the group of Hero's, I walked away. Alone.

"Where's R?" I heard Artemis call before walking out of earshot.

Venturing further into the cabin, I came across a partially opened cellar door. Nothing too special if it wasn't for the poorly drawn smiley face painted on top of it. Bingo. Opening it with a squeaky creak, I headed down, the door closing behind me, and causing a cloud of dust to attack my senses. Gagging out a few coughs to clear my lungs, I gingerly stepped down the splintering stairs, that are guaranteed to give out anytime now. The only light in the room came from a dim flickering light bulb dangling overhead. It did nothing to brighten the shadowed corners of the room.

"Just come out already. I'm not in the mood for a dramatic entrance." I snapped, stuffing my hands into my jacket pockets. A chill shot down my spine as maniacal laughter met my ears. Joker strolling out of the shadows with his infamous smile. I glanced back and watched as Deathstroke appeared behind me; blocking the exit.

"Hello R." He greeted.

"Slade." I acknowledged. Knowing just how much he hated being called by that name. I couldn't help but smile as he shot me a glare. "It's been a while. I've missed you!" I lied. "You. Not so much." I added at Joker. Now that was the truth. I could go a dozen lifetimes without seeing his creepy ass grin.

"Oh. You're funny." He laughed, hand fumbling around in his pockets before revealing a small black handle blade. I listened as a gun cocked behind me, Deathstrokes deep voice filling the room.

"We'll let you choose. Either way, both are going to be slow and painful." Hands still in pockets, I turned just enough to gaze at him from the corner of my eye.

"How about both?"

-----------------------------------