Chapter 6

The next morning a message came through about a visitor. Ghost took it to breakfast reading it.

'It says here a miss Yacoba will be coming here.'

The sound of a cup breaking on the floor made the girls look at Petrash.

'Yacoba? Anashia Yacoba?' he asked.

Ghost read the rest of the message. 'Could be. You know her looking at your reaction.'

He sighed and gathered the shards of his cup, muttering 'And I even started to like this cup.'.

'Well, gonna tell us?' Dice asked.

He shook his head. 'Too long a story for now. You need to get going soon.'

After the girls left he sat down on the couch stroking Dawn's head. 'Why would she come here? It can only be to fire me permanently. She must be here to find the tiniest thing to get to me. I'll have to make sure the books are perfect.'

At the end of the day he had triple-checked every number and receipt. The girls found him just shutting the books when they got back from their deliveries.

'Is it that time already?' he asked looking at the clock. 'No, you're early?'

'It seems we're all very curious about your story so we got around a little quicker than usual.' Rusty said.

He sighed. 'Right. Guess I'll have to fess up then.'

They went to the common room where Petrash started talking.

'Yacoba should sound familiar to you, it's the name of the owner of this company.'

Ghost nodded. 'Now that you mention it. We don't read much company news here.'

'Anyway she started working at the same department as I did. Her being the boss's daughter had quite the effect on the department. Some people disliked her, others went out of their way to suck up on her. I didn't care anyway so I treated her like any other coworker. And that must have caught her attention. Now, she was quite pretty, blond hair down to her shoulders, blue-grey eyes, not too slim figure but there was something odd about her I couldn't put my finger on. I noticed she joined me for lunch more often but I thought that was more coincidence. Then the manager asked me to guide her with more of her work.'

'"No problem." I said, not suspecting anything at that point.'

'I helped her out with the things she didn't know about the system and she seemed eager to learn. Soon we were going to the different departments together to check inventory and shipping. Then one day she suggested to spend an evening clearing out old files from the archive to make room and our manager agreed. Of course it meant I had to do the overtime too.'

'I had a quick bite to eat for dinner so I had already started by the time she came in.'

'"Sorry for making you wait." she said. "We only just now finished dinner."'

'"That's okay." I said. "I only came in a short while ago."'

'She leaned against me while I was going through a drawer, I could feel her breasts against one side of my back and she rubbed with her hand the other. I also smelled she had been drinking.'

'"You know you're quite cute?" she whispered in my ear.'

'I was quite surprised by her remark but I knew it wasn't right. "Thank you, but maybe this isn't the right place or time." I said.'

'"Oh, come on." she said. "You think I suggested this job just to throw out old stuff?"'

'She started unbuttoning her blouse. "You're not like any of the other guys around here. You don't treat me like some princess or suck up to me to get into my panties or get favourable treatment by my father. You treat me like a normal girl and that's why I want you."'