let's pretend (boyxboy)

Chapter-1: catch-22

“What about that girl?” I asked pointing to a cute red-headed girl. She had a dark look effect on her yet she managed to be cute.

“It doesn’t really matter, actually. You have created a catch-22 situation, so no matter what they do they will fail. If they say no, then you can’t do anything about it and if they say yes then according to you, they are sluts looking for easy money.” Darien, my body guard, who was also my best friend and at present my chauffeur said.

“I know! I am a genius right?” I asked grinning at him.

“It is again a catch-22 question because no matter what I say you won’t give me raise.” He replied giving me a hard look.

I laughed and said “you really want that raise don’t you?”

“You think?” he asked raising an eyebrow.

I smiled and said “I will give you your most needed raise only if you give me the solution to my problem.”

“Which one?” he asked in a monotonous voice.

“You know which one. And I don’t have many problems.” I replied

“Which one?” he repeated his question

“You know the one for which I am not doing my actual job but, asking out girls to see if one would marry me.” I answered sighing. I hate my father. He had said ‘You will only get the company back after you get married’ one day, suddenly showing up at the office. It had almost been half a year since I took over the company.

“Oh! That one!” he exclaimed

“Which one you were thinking about dumbass?” I enquired

He ignored my interruption and continued “that one is easy. All you have to do is to pretend.”

“Easy? Pretend? What the hell are you talking about, man? I don’t get you.” I said

“Now who is being dumbass?” he enquired

 “Shut up Darien and tell me what you mean by that.” I said in a commanding tone.

“Now, how can I tell you if I shut up?” He asked, clearing enjoying irritating me.

“Darien! Tell me, now!” I ordered clutching my head. The guy was giving me a headache.

“My plan is easy” he stated “All you have to do is to pretend that you are gay.”

“What? Are you crazy or insane?” I asked

“Technically speaking crazy and insane are the same thing.” He stopped when I glared at him but, then again started “See this is my solution to your whole marriage problem. Take it or leave it. It is your choice whether you want to get married at 20 or stay single for a few more years.”

The thing was, due to dad’s constant pressure to take up his business I was homeschooled and thus finished school and college at the age of 18.

“But, that’s the problem” I stated “I’ll have to remain single forever.”

“Why?” he asked me simply

“Why?” I repeated “Because, I can’t marry a woman when I say that I am gay and since I am actually straight I won’t marry a guy. It is a catch-22 situation. Again!” I emphasized on the word again.

“Oh!”  He simply replied

“So do you see the gigantic hole in your so called awesome plan?” I asked

“Never said that it was awesome and no, not really.” He said

“Not really?” I asked raising an eyebrow

“Yeah, you can always say later that you are actually bi-sexual and that you didn’t realize that earlier. And I know plenty of women to marry bi-sexual men” he replied

“I suppose it will solve the immediate problem” I said thinking about Darien's plan.

“So what do you think?” he asked. I pondered about the possibility.

The plan wasn’t actually that bad. Who knows maybe I could pull it off?

“It is worth a shot, I guess. So yeah, I’ll do it but you’ll have to help me.” I said

He smiled and then said “Now about my raise…….

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N:

so, this is knda my first shot of writing a boyxboy. so please vote, comment, fan.

i dedicate this chapter to cookie as her stories inspired this one. not to worry no similarities will be found.