chapter-8: darien's POV

A/N: will start from the moment Darien opens the door of their house to receive the surprise

Chapter-8

[Darien’s POV]

I was furious, angry and upset. I couldn’t believe that above all the people Eric would forget my birthday. It hurt me so bad. I sighed and opened the door to our house. Then suddenly I heard people scream “SURPRISE. HAPPY BIRTHDAY DARIEN!!!”

I was surprised at first and then it hit me. Eric was only pretending to forget my birthday, so that he could arrange this surprise party. That little…. I smiled at thought of him going through so much trouble to do this for me. I spun around to face Eric, he was grinning. He could act so well, that I had thought that forgot my birthday. I hugged him and felt the heat coming from his body which made my heart go a thousand beat per second.

“I thought you had forgotten my birthday.” I told him

“NEVER” He whispered in my ears and I shivered, I got turned on by his whisper. He frowned and asked me pulling out of the hug “are you cold? You are shivering.”

“Nah! Am just happy.” I said and before I could reply anything Dana came over and hugged me, her little brother.

“Daniela? What are you doing here? I thought you were in Paris.” I asked, shocked to see my elder sister.

“Well, your best friend demanded that I fly here to greet you on your birthday.” She said

“Thanks Eric! Best birthday gift ever.”I said. I had not met Dana, I mean Daniela, for around three years since she moved to Paris with her husband.

He frowned and replied “But, she isn’t your birthday gift. Your birthday gift is sitting in the garage.”

“What?” I asked, hoping the present was what I thought it was.

“Yeah it is an unfinished bike, so that you can complete it.” He said shrugging

“You remembered!” I said silently. I think I just fell in love with him even more. Yes, people I am in love with Eric Shaw, my best friend. But, he is a straight guy only pretending to be gay, so that his father wouldn’t force him to marry some random girl. I just wish that he was really gay; I might have a chance with him then.

“Well, it is hard thing to forget when you made me promise in my 15th birthday and have been reminding me in your every single birthday since then to buy you an unfinished motorcycle” He said shrugging

“Thank you! Come on! Let’s see it!” I said trying to drag me with him to the garage.

“You can see it tomorrow, now let’s just party” Dana scolded me.

I really wanted to see it but, I guess that I would just have to wait. I reluctantly agreed to party. I was next attacked by Savannah. She wished me and then I was attacked by other people. After a little while I saw Katrina. She came near me and hugged me and went to kiss my cheek, but at that point someone called me and I turned at the last moment causing her to kiss my lips.

“I am so—so—sorry” I stuttered with my eyes wide. Katrina and I were just friends and friends don’t kiss each other, well I and Eric did, but it was something else. But, I did enjoy that kiss.i want to kiss him again.

“No-no. it is okay, I su-suppose.” Katrina replied.

“Let’s just forget it, okay?” I asked and saw relief flooding her face. In the past couple of weeks, me and Katrina became very close friends and I didn’t want to ruin that.

Then I heard Eric’s voice shouting “What the hell Mollie!”

“Eric!” she said in a surprised tone and then continued in a fake voice “This guy here was trying to kiss me Eric; I swear I wasn’t cheating on you.”