chapter 3:-Mama knows it all

I had always wondered upon the phrase, deafening silence,wondered how silence could be deafening. Today I had experienced it. After I experienced that hot and fiery kiss with Darien, the room became so quiet that one could hear the distinct humming from my pc which, normally can't be heard. It was so quiet that one could hear the clock's ticking. I wanted to say something but, I couldn't. How could i? I had just kissed my best friend and even liked it? Did I really like it? I lifted my head to watch Darien but, I remembered the kiss and looked away. I felt heat rise in my cheek and realized that I was blushing! Oh damn!

'I am straight' I chanted in my head 'I am not gay' and then repeated these sentences. "You are not gay" dad said "I am gay, dad" I said and then again started to chant in my head 'I am straight, I am not gay'. The situation was hilarious and I am sure that I would have laughed if I wasn't the one who was suffering.

"I still don't believe you." Dad said breaking the silence.

"Seriously?" I asked in an unbelievable tone. What does it take this man to believe? "Dad, why would I lie to you?"

"I don't know. Maybe because I am forcing you to get married." He said. I had a strong urge to ask 'you think?'

"Look son, if that is the reason then there is no need to lie. We can postpone this thing." Dad said

I looked at Darien. He just rolled his eyes at dad's proposition. Guess he didn't buy it either. One can never trust dad because the moment I confess that I am not gay he will send me to woman hunting for marriage. I guess, it comes by being the CEO of a loan giving company for a long time.

Don't get me wrong, it is not as if I don't like to go woman hunting but, I prefer to run my company. And seriously, I am too young to be married. I wanna have fun before I am tied into a relationship forever.

"So? What do you say, my boy?" he asked

"Dad" I whined "I am gay. Just go home and relax and enjoy your life with mom." I said waving my hand in dismissal. He looked angry and was about to say something when the door burst open and in came Savannah and my mom.

Savannah, or Savvy for short, as I like to call her, was my secretary and was also like the elder sister I never had. Yeah, she was older than me but, then again most of the people in this company are. She had chocolate brown eyes and porcelain skin which had tanned over the years. She had short dark black hair which ended couple of inches below her ears.

"Hey ma, Savvy!" I greeted them with a smile. Those two were my favorite people in the world apart from Darien obviously. At the thought of Darien I blushed again and then chanted in my head 'I am not gay, I am straight'

"Hello darl! What's up? Now, where is your fiancée?" mum asked me

"Huh" I asked confused. In all the bickering and kissing I had forgotten about my reason of lying.

"There is no fiancée, honey." dad replied for me "apparently our son is gay as in homosexual."