Chapter 6

The thing I think I love will surely bring me pain
Intoxication, paranoia, and a lot of fame
Three cheers for throwing up, pubescent drama queen
You make me sick, I make it worse by drinking late

Pierce the Veil ft. Kellin Quinn ; King For a Day

••••••••••

Alexander Strafford

I knew about Emma and frankly to be speaking, Rafael was a complete fool when he decided to date that woman. I met Rafael and Trent way back in my high school. We were and still until now, best mates. Only several years later, Audrey came into view once the three of us step foot in college. With her nonchalant behavior and that potty mouth of her, it's easy for us to know each other. Rafael was the one responsible dragging that woman into our group and I can't ask for anything better since she was the best thing that ever happened to me. Thanks rafael to that.

Well, Emma is the complete opposite of Audrey. She's a snake. Trent and I did warned him and Audrey almost slap the shit out of him once she know that Rafael had been courting Emma. People said that being in love makes you blind and I swear that Rafael is the great definition of blinded fool. Emma cheated on him with not one, but several men that truth to be told, way much stupid than Rafael at that time. Luckily, the grieving process of Rafael didn't take so much time. How the fuck can Rafael did that is beyond my imagination. I knew he love Emma so much and getting to move on from her in a short time is quite unbelievable .

Emma's invitation to her engagement party is the only thing I looking forward to attend as she once said to the four of us that our friendship most likely will be destroyed on the way to future since we are too ' naïve ' to act like a known heir and heiress of well known business moguls. To the hell with that, wealth only make you become ignorance and forget to enjoy what's life has to give you. What a stupid brat. I'm grateful to god for giving me my parents who make sure I didn't get to be a heartless person and the same goes to rafael, trent and Audrey's parents. They did the same thing that all parents should teach their children , teach them to be a person with heart and far from being ignorant. Well, this party might be a good way to rub into that snake's face how our friendship still going on steady since the last seven years.

Enough talking about emma, because its not worth a penny. Rafael managed to get a girl to accompany him to the party and the girl is none other than Ana, the assistant. She's a good person and I know that Auds already regards her as one of her friend. She's a great partner for Rafael and I crossed my finger that this so called fake ' girlfriend ' will last for a long time since Rafael seems to bewitch by Ana's personality. Audrey had been giving a hard time for Rafael after he proposed the idea of taking Ana to the party. She said that she'll personally cut his ball off if he ever hurt Ana. She constantly changing her threat to Rafael. The nerve of my girl.

••••••

The day of the engagement party

After fetching Audrey at her apartment, I drove my Audi towards the other Carlson Mansion that I never set foot before because the Carlson Mansion that belong to Richard and Lisbeth Carlson, parents of my gorgeous woman has considered me as their frequent visitor.

The drive to the mansion from her apartment took almost twenty minutes. Trent and Rafael promised to meet us there. Fuck! I really looking forward for the party tonight. Audrey had a devilish grin on her face since this morning.

We arrived there five minutes after eight and luckily, there's not many guest arrived yet. I passed my key to the butler and make my way inside the mansion. The interior decoration in the mansion looks like a house in the Victorian era. Quite beautiful for a family who rarely stay here. Audrey once told me that her uncle rarely stay in this mansion because of their families issue. She heard that her uncle had been keeping mistresses behind her aunt's back while Emma is their only child.

Rafael, Ana, Trent and Erina can be seen having a conversation at the space beside the bar. Such a perfect place, the BAR. Audrey had been grinning like a kid being brought to Disneyland.

" What took both of you so long? A quickie in the car?" Rafael said once we greeted the four of them.

" Audrey here can't keep her hand to herself, so don't put the blame on me. " I said nonchalantly. My answer had all of us burst out laughing our guts off. Our indecent act had certain elitist turning their heads to us.

A sound of clearing throat caught our attention. Seeing Emma and her fiance grinning to us. Rafael can be seen being smitten with Ana since the first moment we set foot in the mansion.

" Guys, this is my fiance, Dominic Gills. Baby, this is my cousin Audrey and her boyfriend, Alex. There's Rafael and his.. " she stop from talking and Rafael quickly piped in, " This is my girlfriend soon to be fiancée, Anastasia. "

Emma just rolled her eyes before continue introducing Trent and his wife to Dominic.

" it's nice meeting you, Mr. Gills. Congratulations to your engagement. " I said while holding out my hand for a handshake.

" Well, thank you. I assume you're Alexander Strafford, right? The heir and owner of Strafford Steels Inc. " he said with a smile after shaking my hand

" It is still my father's company and I had two more brothers to be called heir too. " I replied. This Dominic Gills seems like a man full of secrets. The way he pronounced my name looks like he had been doing some investigation about me. I don't remember showing my face to many tabloid or papers regarding my life and not many people know that my father is Andrew Strafford.

Audrey is stifling her laugh while Dom's ear can be seen slightly red with embarrassment.

" Thank you for coming tonight, and Rafael, nice meeting you and your girlfriend. We have to greet other people too. Enjoy yourself. " Emma said with a sly grin and quickly drag Dom out of our sight.

" Stupid bitch. " Rafael burst out after Emma is out of our sight. " Calm down, Raffy. She's just messing with you. " Ana said to him while rubbing his back in order to sooth his anger. I shared a knowing look with Auds and Trent.

" I have a bad feeling about her fiance. I never heard of any Gills corporation in the construction area here. Did you see how eager he was when he assumed that you're Alexander Strafford? " Trent said after we settled ourselves at the bar. Ana and Rafael is having an animated conversation about only god knows what and Rafael eyes can't get away from looking at Ana's face. I think someone had been struck with cupids bow.

" I think so too. He's creepy. How the fuck did he know that Strafford Steels will be given to Alex? It doesn't being finalized yet. " Audrey piped in.

I just shrugged and continue sipping my wine. He is indeed, creepy. How the hell did he know that kind of information?

••••••

We decided to call it a night once the clock strike 10 PM. Audrey and I have a plane to catch to Tokyo tomorrow for my conference. Ana is looking comfortable Rafael and I'm very glad if Rafael felt the same too.
We bid our goodbye and I drive Audrey back to my pent house.

••••••

Vote & Comments 💕

This chapter is sort of a filler chapter. Sorry for any grammatical errors.