chapter 13

After the words left his mouth I had started to scream. A ear screeching, high pitch scream.

This was a dream, a bad fucking dream. 

She was dead, she died. She was killed. 

He killed them, he kill them all. He destroyed them, he destroyed me.

I was still screaming as Ryder left my vision. A cruel smirk playing on his lips as his footsteps carried his deadly, beast like body out of the room. 

My throat burning as the sound continued to screech at my insides, dying to be let out. My emotions killing my body, killing me. 

Blonde hair, pale skin. Freckles, a lot of them. Piecing hazel, green eyes. The cute smile she wore so well. Soft pink pale lips, a gentle nature warming her face up. 

My sister. My sister Lilly.

Lilly is dead.

Flashback

"Ali" my fathers nickname rang out as we drove down the eery quite street. My mother asleep and my sister staring out of the window at the torn buildings, the bombed streets we drove down. Blood sometimes on the walls as we drive past, blood of the Kings victims. 

"Ali, make sure you get your sister now.. hold her hand, the king is around our town.." nodding, I knew the king was around. It has been the talk of our town all week. The king only visits when he needs something. Something bad. 

The car comes to a halt out side the crummy, destroyed brick building we take refugee in. My mothers hand knitted blankets littering the walls. Something she says Lilly needs to see instead of the blood splattered, crumbled walls of the other buildings around us. 

Stepping out and pulling my little sister out with me. I pull her quick, my father and mothers movements are fast as well. Knowing a bullet, or a bomb could end our life any minute for being out in Kings air for too long. Making it inside out torn down house, we all relax, my mother going to make dinner and the rest of us, doing our own thing. Having fun. fun...

Foot steps outside, tear our concentration to the front of our house. My fathers old friend, Kieran is running inside our home. My father stands up, obviously knowing what is about to happen..

"Hes here, he knows your here" 

"How.." My father is cut short.

A bullet flying into the air pounds into Keirans lungs. 

he knows..

My mother gasps running to me and my younger sister,  cradling us in her embrace as she turns us away from the blood thats spilling out of Keirans throat. 

"The car, lets go" My fathers words are short, quiet.

It not long before we hear the sounds of cars. Their engines loud. A unique sound.

My mother pulls my sister into her arms as she tugs my arm, as we follow my father to the car, the rocks under my bare feet splitting my soles as we reach the car, my dad fumbling in his pocket, searching for the key. 

Two black cars turn the corned heading straight for our own, run down, old rusted car. My father pales as he finds the keys and opens the door. My mother tossing my sister in the back as she runs to the front door with my father.

I halt in my tracks as I stare at the explosive device that shoots through the air. The impact is strong as I look at my little sisters eyes as she realises, staring at me, no emotion. She knew. My parents knew as the looked at each other and back to me. 

This all happened so quick, I don't know whats real.

The impact is stronger then ever as I'm thrusted into the air and back onto the hard ground.  The car blowing up into a blistering flame as the car bursts into a tiny pieces, my body covered in glass and metal as I black out. 

End of flash back -

Lilly's eyes ever left mine as she held my stare, her hands pressed against the cold window as the car exploded, my family inside. My family is dead. 

Lilly is not alive. 

My hand reaches up as I touch my throat, the same way I had done when I woke up and found the wreckage of the car infront of me, the dust had settled around my, in my throat, and at the time, I felt like it settled inside my mind as well.

Reaching up I stop screaming. It wasn't helping me. 

My body is fully operative now as I look around me. I sit on the bed staring at the door, waiting for the out come.

And if I wasn't insane already, I could tell you right now, I could feel my self losing it completely as my mind swam in every emotion possible. 

Landing on one emotion I hadn't felt in a long time.

Excitement.