chapter 19

Ryder had his men write me a speech. I was picked out a white, figure hugging dress. It was simple, a white lacy, tight fit. It sunk to my feet.
A wedding dress.

Sat in front of a mirror, a old lady painted my face. Hardly any makeup was applied, I was grateful until I realised why. I was intended to look sick, look weak.
I looked... scared, I looked defeated.
Ryder wanted me this way, he wanted a small, fragile symbol of me. He wanted the people to know that their hopeful leader was no more. I looked like no leader, I looked hardly alive, hardly able to walk on my own.
A cut lip and my a bruise across my cheek, I was escorted by men to a dark room.
Roughly being shoved into a seat, a table stood before me. What looked like a speaker device was sat before me on the table. As the men stood beside the door, and one behind my chair, in walked Ryder.
Glancing slightly at me, a quick once over and approval he nodded at the men. In turn a older man was bought in holding a camera.
"Up" Ryder spoke. Realising I was the only one sat, I hesitated as I stood. As soon as I was stood, Ryder grabbed my upper arm and shoved me into his body, holding me as we stood together, the camera flashed and the man nodded and was escorted out.
A wedding photo.
As if repulsed by my touch, he shoved me away back into the seat. A tear slid down my cheek as I looked up at Ryder. He hardly glanced my way as he lent down on the table, taking out the speech on paper and placing it before me.

"You will speak, you will do as I say"
Ryder stopped before turning round.
"Out" he snapped to the men who walked out of the room. The door closed leaving me with a monster.
Looking up into his dark eyes, my hands clutched the chair beneath me as my eyes teared up.
"I..I don't want too" I spoke, afraid of the consequence.
Ryder stood up straight. Straightening his expensive looking suit.

He didn't even give me warning as his fist struck me straight in the face. Hitting me right off my seat. I was picked up with such force and thrown onto the table. The speaker beside me falling to the floor at Ryder Lent over my struggling body. My head swinging with flashes of blackness, my mind threatening to leave me.

"I don't need your face pretty anymore, the photos done. You will fucking speak or I'll put a child inside your sister" he gritted his teeth. Leaning into my ear, I shuddered as he held me down on my back.
"You do as I say" he spoke as he nipped my ear lobe.
Hissing in a breath, my ear stung as he stood back up, pulling me with him and letting me fall into the little chair. He put the speaker back before me on the table and the paper in my hands.

Pressing start on the speaker I stared at the paper.

I read the first line in my head.

I am Aaliyah Manning's. Daughter of the silenced, Donavan Mannings. He died for great betrayal to his people, and died for wicked intentions. I am disgusted within him as a father....

Shaking my head I looked up, tears streaming down my face. Ryder paid no sympathy as he stared down at me. Daring me to make the wrong decision.

Licking my lips, I regained my self and I lent forward into the speaker. This speaker would surely be projected around the world, in the streets, in homes.
Knowing the impact this would make on the people, knowing it could either destroy or proclaim faith.

Speaking fast, knowing my words were limited.
My heart beating and Ryder roughly shoved me away. Shouting for guards as he smashed me into the wall. Punching the wall next to me head as his body shook.

"You fucking bitch will die. I will make u fucking despise your father by the end of this, I'll make you despise your mother for ever giving birth to your filthy cunt. Your sister will be tortured, with my baby inside her, and when the baby is to be born, I'll slit her throat and cut my baby from her whore of a body. She will die, and you will watch, it will be all your fault" Ryder seethed as he grabbed my head and smashed it against the wall.

Effectively knocking me out cold.

My words rang in my head like a song of success. A opening for happiness. Faith had been restored in the streets. A up rising was to happen.

I, the daughter of Donavan Mannings, is alive.
I will fight with you all...