s i x

JADE

"come on, we're going to a party." megan announced, fixing her hair. she just woke me up from my nap.

i groaned, "you're a party addict."

"come on!"

"depends." i mumbled through a pillow.

"on?"

"twenty-one and over or some house party you found on social media."

"twenty-one. no good house parties right now."

i slowly but surely got out of bed and went to the bathroom to shower, brush my teeth, do my hair, all that stuff. then went to my closet to get something to wear.

"come on." she took my arm and pulled me out the door, locking it on our way out.

"remind me again why i have to be here?" i groaned as we pulled up to a very expensive-looking club.

"because you're my best friend and you love me." she smiles, getting out of the car.

we walk in, megan already wandering somewhere else. i sighed, sitting down on a couch in one of the corners alone. i do not want to be here.

about an hour or so later, megan made her way over to where i was sitting with a very tall, muscular guy who was feeling her everywhere. "jade!" she sang over the music.

"what?"

"guess who's here?" her eyes widened as she waited for a guess.

"i don't know."

"your future baby daddy slash teacher." she gasped for me. how is this supposed to affect me?

"okay?"

"go talk to him! he looks really hot in a muscle shirt by the way." she winked, grinding on the guy behind her.

"i'm good, thanks."

"can you walk me to the bathroom, i don't want to get raped." she giggled, pushing the guy that was feeling her away into the crowd.

"sure."

i held tightly onto her hand as we pushed through sweaty dancing bodies, mindlessly trying to get to the bathroom as fast as we could. when we got there the line died down a bit from when i went and megan pushed me to the side, making me bump into a body.

"oh, sorry-" my eyes traveled up a man's body and saw that it was mr. dolan.

"hey jade." his mouth slightly parted, allowing his tongue to lick his pink lips. the lips i kissed not too long ago.

i cleared my throat, "hi, mr. dolan."

"how are you?"

"just terrific." i lied, keeping a bitchy smile on my face. my shirt keeps going down, i've been alone for the past hour, and it's starting to get really hot in here.

he hummed, taking my outfit in. "you look good."

"yeah right." i huffed, rolling my eyes.

"so what are you doing here?"

"i don't really know. to drink i guess." i forced out a small laugh.

"oh? don't you have school tomorrow?"

"yep. what about you?"

"just trying to relax, i have no papers to grade so i thought to myself, why not get drunk?"

"have you been drinking?"

"no." he pursed his lips.

i raised an eyebrow at him and looked into his bloodshot eyes, "so you're high?"

"you're not the only one who is allowed to have fun!" he laughed.

"i guess so."

megan finally ran up to us, leaning on my shoulder for balance. "i think it's time to go home, meg." i put her arm around my shoulder and started toward the exit.

"let me walk you to your car." mr. dolan said, putting megan's arm around his shoulder, picking her up completely.

"that's okay, i can do it." i say, trying to get him to put meg down.

"no no, it's dangerous at night, wouldn't want anything to happen to you girls."

i kept quiet, trying not to start a fight. this is getting really awkward.

he walked us to our car and put megan in the backseat, brushing himself off. i took a deep breath before giving him a quick thank you.

"no problem, don't get into too much trouble." he winked playfully.

"okay, dad." he seemed to smile when i said that, blushing a bit from what i could make out through the darkness.

"so, you wanna finish what we started soon or.." he held onto my waist, coming closer to my face.

"not when you're intoxicated bud." i patted him on the back.

"aw why not, it would be like a thousand times more interesting."

"how so?"

"you would have to take off my clothes for me because i would be too dizzy. preferably with your mouth." he stretched his arms out, relaxing a bit more.

"i think i'm okay, goodbye mr. dolan."

"i'll see you in class." he then walked away, leaving me with my thoughts.