3. Scar

That's how imagine her room to look like with a walk in closet on the other side but of course in maroon and not black.
---------------

Naya's P.O.V.

We stood there awkwardly for a few moments. We were strangers meant for each other, destined to be together for the rest of our lives. Annoyed with the apprehension and awkwardness I took the lead. After all I was an Alpha too. It was in my nature.

"Would you like to sit down." I indicated towards the sofa past my bed near the balcony.

Instead he slowly raked his gaze from one end to the other. I wasn't the most patient person but I liked looking at him. 

He looked big but not menacing unless provoked. A man who carried the weight of the world on his shoulders causing him to hunch his back slightly. 

His contours appeared much tighter for that reason. I didn't understand why my hands kept itching to slide my fingers through his hair. The hairs on my neck tingled.

He ran his fingers over the maroon wall next to the closet arch. One side of his down turned lips lifted slightly in amusement. His eyes drifted towards my dress. 

Instead of pointing out the obvious he leaned his back against the wall. The lights were dim in this room. Outside, snow began to fall. It was perfect timing now that everyone was inside.

"You missed the fireworks." I reminded him.

"I watched it from my window... It was beautiful." He wasn't looking straight at me. Something wasn't right. I could feel it.

"Thank you." I didn't mind the fact that he didn't stay for long but I wanted to know why? "Also thank you for the tie."

I was a custom for mates to appear united. It was a very old fashioned custom but we tried to keep it alive.

"It would have been rude if I didn't." I wanted to ask him if it was a coincident or not but I held my tongue. This was neither the right place nor the right time.

I realised we were both calm wolves. Alphas need to be strong when under attack, calm when thinking logistics and confident when leading.

"Are you planning on taking over after your father retires?" He finally looked at me. The shadows danced across his face.

"I don't want to sound ungrateful but I don't want to run a Pack. I.." I've always felt like there's something more for me to conquer. I wanted to visit all the packs in the world, one half of the reason was to find my mate, the other was to learn about how many of us were alive. 

There are still some packs no has ever been to. I wanted find a way to unite us, live in harmony, not hiding. I didn't know if that was even possible but I wanted to try.

"You?" He urged.

"I don't know if it's the right choice for me." I've thought about this since I realised my parents were hell bent on me running the pack.

"Is it because of what some other packs think? That a male should always be the leader?" He looked royally offended.

"Not necessarily, I just..." Unable to explain it to him I just ruffled my curls to one side. His eyes followed the movement. "I don't know. I guess I was looking for something." I was looking for him but after a while I was just angry.

"Are you still looking?"

"I stopped. I was supposed be in Kosavo but I gave up trying to find you." And now I don't know what to do. I felt like a kid who wished for one thing for so long because everyone around her was getting that specific thing and after a while I stopped wishing.