Epilogue (End)

Please read till the end before you all start freaking out. Thank you

10 Years later

The thunder storm roared outside, lightening struck the ground every minute. The lights were out and instead of turning on the generator, I lit multiple candles in the cosy lounge. Ocean wanted to open plans, like my parents house but once I convinced him that I don't need the the big mansion, just something comfortable and something that is ours.

Ocean and I both worked on the house together with the builders and it was a beautiful experience. Darkwood became my home after the we killed the Darkling. After Ocean's Elite team spread the stories about how I resurrected the dead body of Ragen and that I met the Earth spirit, the whole pack found new sort of respect for me.

The Earth spirit should have also warned us about the humans finding out about the Supernatural species. The world fell into chaos but it's been nearly 8 years since the war had finished and yet we still live in constant fear of anti-supernatural uprising again. Everything is different now.

Even though we expanded the house, with 3 more extra room, one guest room down stairs and two others on second floor, we never spoke about kids. Specially after the war started. We've both been busy with helping thousands of supernatural who fled to our borders and many are still migrating this way. The war, in a way, never ended, people still lived in fear.

I honestly didn't want to bring a child into this world who would have to live in constant fear that we do. That's not a way to live. But now, I was waiting for Ocean to come home so we could finally talk about it. He was at the river border, trying to figure out ways to expand past the borders and near the mountains.

The rain didn't stop settlers from coming in and neither did it stop ocean and his men from doing their work. Most of the times, I was dealing with human governors and businessmen so our work took us in different direction and it sucked.

We only had the evening and night to ourselves but at the time of war, the only time we saw each other was for work. As an alpha I didn't even think about being intimate with him. It was our duty to protect our pack but now, it was different.

Another strike of thunder shook me out of my thoughts. Taking a sip of my green tea, I mentally contacted Ocean.

Sweetheart, are you done yet?

His answer was instant. He'd never blocked me out, never tried to hide anything from me ever again. It amazed me how attentive he was of me. If something I was dealing upset me, he would fell it and contact me immediately and he even dropped everything to come over to comfort me.

He never answer a 'how was your day?' question with a just 'fine'. He would explicitly tell me what happened and sometimes share images of the day with me. He treated me like an equal and never like a vulnerable glass that would break under pressure.

Not yet, you need me home now? I could hear the urgency in his voice.

You left before I woke up. I didn't see you at Pack House for Lunch or Dinner. You'll wear yourself out, honey. Come home. I sipped my tea.

I'll be home in 15 minutes.

That was all I needed to ask of him. Sighing, I finally got up to turn the generator on. The smile the crept up on my face was inevitable. He was an Alpha but he was my mate first.

"You know if you were a wolf, you could have just shaken your fur and all the water would fly right off your body." I chuckled as I watched him take off wet shoes and try to shake out the water from his t-shirt and shorts. He huffed out a laugh. Closing the door, he slowly took off his clothes and wrapped the warm towel around his waist that I laid out for him near the door. He dumped the wet clothes into the plastic basket I left next to the towel.