19. Journal

Naya's POV
Red Mount 1990

"What's Lea doing here?" My mom asked as my dad pulled up in our drive way.

I was shocked myself because I thought she didn't want anything to do with the craziness.

"What are you doing here?" I asked in astonishment after getting out of the car. She was sitting on our front porch with a poncho wrapped around shoulders. She looked like she hadn't slept since the trip and I couldn't help but blame myself for that.

"I need to talk to you."

"How did you get that?" I gasped when I noticed she was holding Elinas' worn-out journal.

"That's what I need talk to you about..." Her whole body kept jittering like she was running on caffeine.

"What... wait are you okay?" I asked in concern moving forward to engulf her in a hug.

"I'm fine, I'm fine... I need to talk to you..." She pulled away quickly, dragging me towards the shadows of our front porch.

"Hey honey, what are you doing here?" My mom cooed from behind while my dad disappeared into the garage.

"I just wanted to talk to her, that's all." She threw a fake smile towards my mother.

"You wanna come in?" I asked hesitantly.

"Yeah definitely." Before she could finish her sentence, she grabbed me by my wrist and pulled up the stairs to my room.

"So tell me how you got that?" I asked.

"I stole it." She breathed out clutching on to the journal with her dear life earning an involuntary gasp from me. However, I stayed quiet. "Well, I honestly didn't mean to make you feel like I was avoiding you but... I ... I just can't lose my best friend..." Her eyes coated with fearful tears, threatening to fall any minute. "I thought if I could figure out what's in it but it's helpless and I haven't finished yet."

"Well, we don't know if we can trust Elina." I reminded her.

"Yeah... I think she's telling the truth. In the journal she wrote down specific events that happened in history that no one knows how it happened and some of the main names are missing. If you add her events and actual history together, it fits perfectly."

"HOW?" I exclaimed still not accepting her bullshit.

"Because I witness it."

Startled I backed away from her.

"You want to know why you felt him shift even before you knew he was your mate? Because you've been together since the beginning of time. You grew up together and your souls realized it. That's why you didn't need your wolf to mature to feel everything he did."

I wanted to cry because she was spot on. Yes, we grew up together but so did quite a few other mates but they didn't recognise each other until one of them matured

I gulped in fear. Our parents were trying to figure out why and the answer was right there in front of us and we didn't want to believe it. I took ragged deep breaths trying to calm myself.

There, truly, was a Hybrid whose been after Ocean and I for centuries.

"What do we do now...?" I heaved out a frustrated sigh.

"The only person we can contact is Elina. We need to tell her that you two always felt each other's emotions. I'm not sure she's good or bad but she's the only lead we have." She closed the journal and stood up indicating it was time for her to go.

Sighing I realised she looked tired out of her mind. "You should get some rest tonight. We know it's a lot to take in but we need your brain." I chuckled. "Not the tired one you have right now, the re-generated one."

She rolled her eyes, giving me a half laugh. "I'll sleep, but before I'll make a list of things I know."

"GOSH, you and Ocean are going crazy, I tell you." I flung myself on my bed trying to forget about the situation.

However, my childish behaviour didn't faze her. "Naya..." She exhaled with a broken voice. "Aren't you scared?"

She choked on her words with and her concern made my own throat constrict with tears forming in my eyes. However, I still managed to smile through the pain because a small part of me believed that it was all a huge prank or a bad dream and everything would be okay when I woke up tomorrow.

"Not when I'm with my friends... you guys make everything worth it. She engulfed me in a tight, comforting hug.

For the first time since I discovered my fate, I hadn't had the time to process everything together.

"Look, we will figure this out... okay?" She stood up again, quickly wiping the tears away from her cheeks. "I'm off now... get some rest Naya... I'll see you tomorrow." She glanced back for a semi second with worried eyes before exiting the house with heightened speed.

I hated being alone. Hated thinking about what Elina informed us about. All I wanted to do was life a normal life with my mate. It seemed unfair that the Darkling was after us for something our souls did centuries ago.

***

Being a werewolf came with extra strength but Ocean's weight was really, something else. Sometimes, it was too much for me to handle, especially when he would fall asleep with half of his body on top of mine.

When I left his house, he didn't mention anything about coming over, neither did I feel him getting into bed with me.

One thing I always hate was showing weakness, especially during training. If someone accidently broke a bone of mine, never once did I screeched in pain. It would always be Ocean who'd scream and try to stop my training because he would always feel it and knew I was suffering.

Slowly, I tried to get out of his grasp without trying to wake him up but recently, even from the slightest movement, he'd jolt up in alert and pull me closer to him possessively.

"Where are you going?" His lips were half sealed and one eye slightly cracked open.

"I need to pee... move..." I shoved his hand off my body and strode towards my en suit while he chuckled and sat up on bed rubbing the sleep off his eyes. 

****

Hello guys, this is HappyFairy13.
I'm updating this chapter on behalf of Kat because she is currently unavailable and as it has been mentioned before that she is going through some hard times. Her mother isn't doing too well and there are many other challenges that she is struggling with as a family. She asked me to tell you guys that she will be back when everything is over and that she apologises for not being able to reply to everyone.
Also that she is very grateful for all the votes and comments.

Your comments are her inspiration and the reason why she is trying so hard to continue updating even in these hard times.
I personally feel so happy when she guys support her and I Hope you guys understand and will continue sending her support. :)

unedited.