23. Asyut (3)

Asyut is basically Egypt.

Anya P.O.V. (Naya.)
Ancient Asyut 5th century.
Central Southern Hemisphere.

It didn't take long for humans to rebel. Wolves, witches, Avians (human and bird hybrid) and many more were found brutally murdered across the kingdom with never seen weapons. Anubis became more agitated. 

Sometimes during meetings, he started to shift revealing his black wolf. He was nearly 6 feet tall when crouched, over 11 when he leaned back on his hind legs before attack. He wanted to send me away, for protection but there was no way I would leave his side.

The more he tried to restore the peace the more aggressive the humans became. I turned to my head servant, sat on the bench under the giant palm tree sewing her own cotton garment. She had a beautiful gift. She sold many of those in the market place. 

I never understood why she still stayed with me. I wondered around the beautiful garden before settling down next to her. Servants weren't allowed to occupy the same plane with one with a higher status. I didn't care much for laws when it came to Daria. She had kind eyes and a genuine smile. She was my friend.

"Daria, why do the humans hate us?" I asked, startling her bliss. She shifted uncomfortably, wanting to get off the bench. I had told her many times before to forget about rules when it was just her and I. She was my friend and slowly, she started she felt semi comfortable to be around me that way.

"Your highness, I cannot speak for others but I certainly do not wish any harm up on you or your kind." She didn't meet my eyes but did turn towards me.

"You have such a talent, why do still feel the need to serve the Palace?" I asked wondering.

"Thanks to you I have a stall at the town's Market place. But so does many of other girls with much better talent." Putting her embroidery hoop down, she finally lifted her eyes. 

"Humans don't like sharing. They will compete until they are the best. So I need this job. We never run out of food, we moved into a bigger home, we have everything we wished for and more. I also gained a good friend." She smiled the last comment. I was pleased to hear that.

"You are a good woman Daria. I hope you find a good man." I beamed to which she made a disgusted face.

"Men are pigs, they just want their women to cook, clean and serve them. They aren't like the Supernatural. I've seen the love between these mates and I must say it's quite humbling to see such love and passion still exist." Her eyes glossed over with longing. A type of longing I experienced before I set my eyes on Anubis.

"I pray to the spirits that you find a good one who will adore you." She blushed, going back to her craft.

There was a shift in the air, a coldness crawling its way inside my skin. Looking up towards the blazing run, I shivered. No one around me felt it, even the werewolves standing guard on the far side of the palace garden stayed still. Thinking about Anubis I contacted him through our bond.

My King, is this a good time?

Wolves never felt the cold. The thrill unnerved me.

My Queen, it is always a pleasure to hear from you. I could feel his turmoil ebb slowly. Tell me, to what do I owe this beautiful surprise.

Nothing, I just wanted to know if you were alright. I still felt uncomfortable addressing formally.

As always. He felt calm and settled. Abruptly he thought about our transgressions from last night while keeping our connection open. I saw me the way he did. His memories, how he felt when he touched me, how addicted he got when he-

My King, that is scandalous. I blushed furiously. Seeing oneself in such a drastic way never got easier.

He laughed.

Ah, the things I wouldn't do to get my hands on you right now.

I put my hand on my chest, curled my finger around the length of the gold chain that hung vertically from the thick ruby necklace around my neck. The length of the chain separated in two ways around my waist. The golden silk gown stretched out to my ankle with two slits for my legs.

I would have your hair wrapped around my wrist, my other hand down-

Your highness, aren't you in an important conference. I looked like a fool smiling, walking alone around the garden.

Nothing is more important than you. He told me sincerely.

Humbled and feeling much better under the backing sun, I decided to stop distracting him.

Very well My Love, I'll try to arrive early tonight. I- He paused feeling apprehensive. I apologise for not spending much time with you lately.

I've never heard him apologise to others. Longing some physical contact from him I decided to share how I felt when he was near me. Talking, not talking, touching or not, being around him exuberated my soul. I shared memories of how I saw him when we were together.

Ah, My Love, you spoil me. I must return the favour.

Thinking of his unadulterated love for me I replied. You already do My King, you already do.

The Priests had asked all the Royals to visit the temple tonight. They were usually Warlocks who had many ways to connect to the Spirits. I had asked Daria to create an appropriate gown for me. She had been more than happy to. 

Every now and then I felt the coldness seeping through my bones but Anubis was there. He was trying his very best to keep his people calm but many with powers were scared and outraged. 

Some even retaliated by killing Humans. Thus the priests had invited us. To speak to the Spirits, understand the problems and find a solution.

"My Love, you look so beautiful, we must postpone."

Laughing at his antiques, I shook my head. He entered my personal chambers while Daria helped me get dressed.

"Thank you Your Highness." We both wore crowns with a wolf head made of gold. His was much larger than mine. It suited his big physique. He indicated for everyone to give us privacy. My eyes searched his, the turmoil behind them raised certain levels of alarm in me.

"Are you alright, Ocean." I asked placing my hands on his jawline, stroking my thumbs along his cheeks. He smiled pulling me closer.

"With you, always." He looked outside, the moon nearly on its highest level. "We must leave."

Taking the initiative, I got on my tiptoes and dragged his face down to my height. I kissed him softly, savouring the moment. Tongues teasing each other, craving for more. I melted into him, wanted for this moment to never end. Sighing he pulled away.

"Come, we must go," 

------------
One more chapter from Asyut then we go back to their first life. Which will reveal nearly everything you need to know about the Darkling and why they kept getting reincarnated. I'm sure a lot of you will be happy to know that we will be jumping to the present. 

Just one more life which is basically the beginning of why and how it all started. I hope you guys are excited.