Fifteen

A/N: This chapter took WAY too long, especially since it's pretty much just a filler chapter. I'm so sorry, guys!! I've been really busy and I've also had the worst writer's block, I gave myself the biggest headache yesterday forcing myself to finish this chapter. But I promise the next chapter will be way better and posted way quicker. 

Mitch was sat in the campus library, his nose buried in a textbook. His full attention was focused on what he was reading; he had an essay due later that night that he'd barely even started, so he couldn't let himself get distracted.

Unfortunately, his concentration didn't last for long. Moments later he found himself being interrupted by the sound of his phone buzzing rather loudly on the table in front of him.

Mitch slowly looked up from his book, his cheeks turning a deep shade of red when he noticed the multiple annoyed stares he was getting from the people sitting around him. He mouthed an apology and quickly silenced his phone before taking a look at the screen.

His face lit up when he saw that it was a text message from Kirstie.

Maybe he could allow himself to get distracted for a few minutes.

Babe!! How was your lil vacation with Scott

Mitch was a little confused by her message, but he still smiled and began to type out a reply all the same.

How did u know about that?

It was Thursday now, meaning that quite a few days had passed since Mitch and Scott had returned from their Santa Barbara getaway. Despite that, Mitch still hadn't gotten a chance to tell Kirstie about the trip; he was much too busy trying to get caught up on all the homework he was assigned on Friday that he never did.

Even though it had caused Mitch to fall back on his homework, however, Mitch didn't regret his trip with Scott one bit. The whole thing had been absolutely perfect, and Mitch had arrived back to his dorm room on Tuesday morning feeling extremely relaxed and rejuvenated.

He'd also returned even more hopelessly in love with Scott than usual. Which certainly wasn't convenient. But he supposed there were a lot of worse emotions he could be feeling.

Scott told me duh!! I knew about it before you did ;)

How was it I want all the details!!!

Mitch laughed and rolled his eyes. He didn't know why he was surprised.

Of COURSE he did

It was nice! We spent a lot of time on the beach, went to some nice restaurants, did some shopping. Made a few changes to my body lol

Mitch was extremely grateful that this conversation was happening over text messages instead of over the phone, or – god forbid – in a FaceTime call. Despite his usually good acting skills, there was no way he would've been able to stop himself from gushing embarrassingly.

If he didn't know for a fact that Scott only saw him as a friend, then he really would've considered this weekend to be the most romantic thing anyone had ever done for him.

OMG I know I saw the pictures! You look great I love that we're eyebrow twins now

Did anything else happen?

Mitch raised his eyebrows.

Not really? We watched some movies in our motel room....

Okkkk but did anything ELSE happen

Mitch could tell that Kirstie was definitely trying to imply something here. He wished he had even the slightest inkling of what it could be, but unfortunately he was utterly confused.