Seventeen

A/N: Thank you guys so much for your patience. I hope you enjoy!

If Mitch had felt like he was on top of the world yesterday in his favorite city with the person he loved the most, then he must be on top of the universe now that he was in his favorite city with three of the people he loved the most.

"We really should've taken a cab," Nel Grassi fretted, looking down at her son's feet as they walked down the New York City streets together. "Those shoes look so painful, Honey. I don't want you hurting during your big moment tomorrow."

Mitch responded with a fond smile and shake of his head.

It was no wonder that his parents had been together for so long; he was pretty sure they were both in a constant state of worry.

A year ago their incessant worrying had been a huge annoyance. Back in high school he'd always felt smothered by all of their fussing over him, especially when it got in the way of him doing things he really wanted to do - such as auditioning for TV shows, for example.

But right now Mitch didn't mind it one bit. He was just glad they were around at all to be stressing out about him.

"I offered to carry him!" Scott chimed in. "He refused."

"Oh, Scott. You're such a sweetheart," Nel gushed as Mike clapped him on the shoulder approvingly.

Meanwhile, Mitch rolled his eyes playfully. "I am way too heavy to carry all the way back to our hotel," he replied. "And I'm fine, mom. These shoes were really expensive, I might as well get some good use out of them."

Both Mitch and Scott's parents had arrived in New York that morning. They each separately spent some quality time with their families before they all six met up that night for dinner and a Broadway show.

Sometimes Mitch wondered how it was possible for him and Scott to be such a perfect fit for each other. But watching their parents interact made it completely clear; they were so similar that it was kind of scary, and got along just as well as Mitch and Scott did.

It was almost like they were one big family.

The night was coming to an end now, all of them on their way back to their respective hotels. Scott's parents had opted to take a cab since their hotel was further away, but Mitch and Scott as well as Mitch's parents were both staying in hotels close by and had decided to walk together.

"Those don't seem like very practical shoes for you to be spending a lot of money on. Do I need to have a talk with you about money responsibility?" Mike asked.

"Probably. I was there when he bought them and I really don't think you'd be happy to hear the price," Scott answered for him.

Mitch groaned. "Oh my god. Why do you two always have to team up against me every time you're together?"

Scott laughed and swung an arm around his shoulders. "We do it out of love for you, Mitchy," he teased, pressing a sloppy kiss to his cheek.

Mitch let out an awkward laugh and glanced over at his parents to see their reactions. Neither of them said anything, but his dad's eyebrow raise was enough to make him blush. "It seems more like antagonizing than love, but whatever you say," Mitch grumbled.

They arrived at Mitch and Scott's hotel not long after that, Mitch's parents walking them into the lobby.

"I'll go ahead upstairs so you guys can have a minute," Scott offered with a warm smile. "It was really nice seeing you again, Mike and Nel! I had a lot of fun, and I know my parents adore y'all."