Part 9 - The Mess Begins...

Juliet was in a different mindset altogether. She knew she was stepping into a socially unacceptable set-up, but her craving for the unknown evil was playing havoc. It was going to be her first outing with one of the rich fellows, called Joy. When her friend, Roy introduced them, Joy smiled, and hugged Juliet. Juliet felt a very different warmth in his embrace. She smiled too. Joy asked her, "New here?" She nodded. "Thought so, never seen you around! What do you do?" Juliet replied she was studying. Joy said, "Oh, you are too young! What makes you agree to go out sleeping with stranger men?"Juliet was speechless, and had knots in her throat. Slowly she regained her composure, and said, "Umm, well, no! I mean, you are mistaken. I am not that kind of a girl." Joy laughed aloud. He said, "You look like you belong to a good family. Tell me, how did you come in contact with people like us?" Joy himself looked like someone from a good family. "I am from a good family!" Juliet said, emphasizing on the word 'am'. Joy said, "Yes, so... my question is.. why are you into this? How are you into this?" Juliet decided she was not about to answer. She said, "Joy... look.. we keep it straight and simple. You can have what you want from me, and I take what I want from you! No questions asked!" Joy chuckled aloud. "Juliet! I am in no mood to take anything you are offering, today! Alright! Go home, kid. Lets do it tomorrow!" He laughed again. Juliet was infuriated at the word 'kid', and also because this meant no nose candy today! Joy had walked away. 

Juliet followed Joy, and found Roy there. She told him the matter. Roy said, "So what? He decides! I can't do anything!" He walked away, too. Juliet was simply frustrated. She let out a swear word, and sat on a nearby rock, with a thud. Juliet was disoriented. She felt pathetic without her nose-candy. She went home, irritated. 

To her surprise, her father was home at that hour. But she did not acknowledge him, and started walking towards her room. Her father called out, "Julie!" She stopped, and turned around. He said, "Julie. You are going to be an adult now! I am handing over the money you wanted, but with only one condition. Use it well! And don't make this a habit. Value money, and save it. I am not going to be this young forever, to be earning this well!" Juliet heard everything but registered nothing, because her father giving her the money was itself enough to have blocked her hearing. As soon as Edward handed her the money, she just said a formal, "Thanks, dad!" and ran to her room. The first thing she did was to call Roy. She told him she needed the nose candy right away. She asked him where she could meet him. Roy asked her to come to a certain place. Juliet told her parents, she had to meet some friends for a movie, and would be late. Her parents permitted her, and got onto their works. Juliet rushed to where Roy had called her. 

Juliet had ten grands, with her. That solved her problem for the next three times. But she was sure she would have to manage on her own, somehow, after that. 

She met Roy, at a garden. She then gave him three thousand. He smiled, put his hand around her neck, and took her to a corner. He gave her a small packet. She snorted that, within no time, as if her patience had reached a saturation point. In her excitement, she spilled a little bit powder. She got down on her knee, and licked that too. Roy laughed. "You seem real crazy for this!" Juliet said, "Crazy yes, and its damn expensive, can't afford to waste!" She smiled. Roy smiled back, and said, "Cool! Don't get so used to this, babe! It demands too much money. Be careful!" She nodded. Then she said, "What exactly is this, Roy?" He smiled. "After all these days, you asking me this!" She insisted on knowing. Roy started to walk away. She went behind him. He stopped at a point. She wondered why he stopped. Then she looked around, and saw three girls and about eight boys. They were doing crazy things. Two of the girls were injecting something into their hands, and behaving strange. As if as a sudden blow, Juliet immediately came out of her trance, and said, "Roy! Is this... oh my God! Is this some kind of a drug?" She was worried endlessly. Roy stared at her for a long minute. After that, he let out a huge laugh. He kept laughing for a long time. "Nose candy, baby! Nose candy! A candy which you sniff through nose! Nose candy!" He walked away. Juliet stared after him.