Chapter 12 : Dinner date

Chapter 12

2 Weeks later...

Riker POV

I'd done some stuff around the house for dad, and I had some money now. I was planning on going out to dinner with Ava when she was ungrounded. And that day was today!

She texted me, and told me to meet her at her house. So I was currently driving there.

When I arrived, Ava was waiting for me at the door. I was wearing everything I was supposed to so I'd seem proper if her dad saw me.

I parked, and walked up to her. She wrapped her arms around me, and kissed me.

"Hey, let's take my car, ok?" Ava asked.

"Ok."

I got in Ava's car, and we left.

"So, I picked out somewhere we can have dinner," Ava said.

"Oh, ok. Um... How was the last 2 weeks?"

"Fine... I didn't do much..."

We got to the restaurant, and to my surprise, it was this really fancy expensive looking place. I cringed a little.

We went inside, and got seated. We were handed the menus, and I felt like I was going to throw up, partly from some of the gross things on it, and partly from the cost.

R5 isn't that famous yet. We don't just have a ton of extra money.

"So what are you getting?" Ava asked.

"Um... I don't know yet. What are you getting?"

She said something that sounded french. I didn't know what it was, so I just nodded, and pretended I knew what she was talking about.

"Do you know what you're getting yet?"

"Um..."

My eyes scanned the prices. I picked the cheapest thing. I had no clue what it was since it was in french, but it was the cheapest, which was $52.

"This," I said, pointing to it.

"Ahhh... Interesting... Very interesting..."

"Why?"

"No reason."

I sighed.

When the waitress came, I just sort of pointed to what I wanted on the menu. It would be more embarrassing to try to pronounce it.

"So you don't speak french, do you?" Ava asked.

"Um... No, I don't."

"Do you know what you ordered?"

"No, not exactly."

"You ordered snails."

I sighed. Freaking snails...

Ava laughed a little bit. I gave her a look.

"Sorry, but it's just funny!" Ava said.

"I'll be back in a minute..."

I got up, and went to the bathroom. I didn't have to go, I just needed to take a minute to calm down and take a breath.