Chapter 4- Ashton

**Ashton's P.O.V**

The same day

Soon enough, Cassandra fell asleep. Being happy was too hard for her and she went to sleep to avoid it. Honestly, I feel horrible about all of this. She's trying so hard for her daughter because her husband left, but my wife leaving didn't effect me life that.

Of course, Monica leaving was much different. I already had a steady job and Garrett was already born. When he was only a couple months old when she left. I remember coming home from work that day and he was crying. No one was in the house and all she left was a note.

Ashton,

Give our son a good life and be a good father to him. I'm a horrible mother and wife, and I've just messed up. I'm sorry.

I found another man, while I was pregnant with Garrett. His name is Evan and he's a doctor. We love each other and we want to get married. I didn't mean for this to happen, Ashton. I guess I fell out of love with you. These types of things happen and your going to need to deal with it like a man.

By that I mean taking care of our child, Evan doesn't want him. Don't blame me for this, you can blame Evan for making me fall in love with him. The only person after that to blame is yourself, your just not good enough.

Ashton, I love you (not really) but your not Evan. You've never loved me the way he has and you don't everything that he has offered for me to have. He gives me love, money, support, and no second guesses.

With him I have a brand new life and it's a life I enjoy much more than the life I had with you. Be happy for me Ashton, I'm happy for me.

-Monica

PS:

Don't try to come after me, because you won't find me. I left the divorce papers on the counter, all they need is your signature.

I never saw her again after that. I was in Cassandra's state for a few months, but I got over it. I had to do what was best for my son, which was being happy. Eventually, all bad thoughts of Monica went away. I knew she was happy and I was happy with Garrett. I had finally gotten what her letter meant, she was happy.

It wasn't my fault that she fell out of love with me. That's nothing I could control, nothing she could control. After those long months, I realised it was for the best. I would've fallen in love with Cassandra while being married. That would've made the situation a whole lot harder on her.

It was all for the best that all of this happened. I would've never found Cassandra and never fallen in love with her. She's still broken though, just the way I was broken. Now I'm all healed and not sad anymore.

Currently, I feel like it's my goal to help Cassandra. I went through what she went through and I know how she feels. I know what her boundaries are and I don't want to push them. Today isn't a good example of that, but at least she's acting happy.

I really think that I could help her, coming from the same background and all. I want to be the guy she trusts, she can talk to, she'll let herself eventually love. I've fallen in love with her, but I'm not going to make her fall in love with me. That would be plain selfish on my part and might scar her even more.

She needs to learn to love again and that will be on her own terms. If somehow I can become her superman, then I'll try. Maybe my other job will even come in handy in that process. Some people might call me a superman for that job.

"Ash?" Cassandra groggily says as she wakes up.

"Hey Cass, we're five minutes away from the office. We got stuck in traffic and now we're even later." She tenses up hearing that we're even later, but I need to keep her calm. "Don't worry, you go straight ahead to the office and I'll talk to Mr. Anderson. Actually...I have a few things to talk to him about, you should start without me."