Chapter 7- Ashton

**Ashton's POV**

Three months later

Eight months.

Eight months of knowing her and nothing more has happened.

Eight months of me trying to convince her that I care about her with her not bothering to make an effort.

Eight months of me constantly hearing about this "superman" bloke.

Eight months of knowing she doesn't care about me the way I care about her.

Eight lonely months.

She likes to let me know that I'm not good enough. Her not even trying to make an effort from where we were three months ago. The constant feeling of being ignored and hated by the person you love.

Cassandra doesn't even care. She lets me know it every day when she doesn't even talk to me. When I even mumble a word not about Mackenzie or work, she stiffens. Her whole mindset from where she was three months ago is gone.

Three months ago I swear there was a beacon of hope for us getting together. Now that hope was eaten up by a black hole, that black hole being Caleb. It's that time of the year where he decided to leave Cassandra four years ago, five years now.

She's an emotional mess and doesn't even dare to come close to me. She likes it even better now because she's working the late hours at the office. From four till about eight at night she's away from people. She just has to wait till eight thirty when I come and pick her up for another soundless car ride.

I don't even know what happened! I haven't done anything differently then I did a few months ago. She's the one who turned on me. I did everything she said or if she mentioned something, I did it. I got a haircut for her, I wore my glasses more, I didn't play loud music, and I even cleaned my freaking car! My car was a mess and she had never failed to remind me of that.

Apparently, none of that mattered. Everything I did was wrong for some reason. Not that she said anything about it, it was just the way she looked at everything. It's like everything was repulsive to her.

She's just waiting for this superman character to come and pick her up! No human can fly and I'm pretty sure no normal human wears a cape on a daily basis. Okay maybe I do wear a cape sometimes.

In my defence, it is a towel around my shoulders. Whenever I can spend time with Garrett, I embrace it. I'm reminded of my childhood when I wore underwear on my head and ran through the house. Those were the days man, those were the days.

I miss when I was young and had no problems other than what Capri Sun you would have with your lunch. I was never in a hurry to grow up, but the time comes for everything. That was one time I wasn't waiting for, it was when Garrett was conceived.

I wasn't ready for that and it forced me to grow up. I had to match my maturity with my age, which was really hard. It changed me and made me the person I am today. Even though I'm not that mature, it's a difference from where I was four years ago.

I still miss being young and having fun, but I can promise you Cassandra would hate the old me. I wasn't a womanzier or anything, but I was more full of life and energy. I probably would've scared her so badly that she would move to California. Although, the whole atmosphere would be to upbeat for her.

Never less, being the person I am today has made a big difference in my life. I would never have fallen in love with Cassandra.

I've finally admitted it, I love her.

I didn't think I would even come close to that point. I said that I'd love her, but I never fully figured out that I was in love. I used that term love in a much different way. Now I've realised that I am truly and utterly in love with her.

It wasn't love at first sight or anything, not even close. For about the first two months we barley even talked at work. The third month was when she actually realised that I might be okay to interact with. In one month we started riding together and barley even talked. It was the beginning of the fourth month that we had actual conversations.

It took the third and fourth months for me to finally realise I have feelings for her. I was surprised by it, but it was one hundred percent true. We fall in love in our own way, but our subconscious can make you fall in love without even knowing it.

That's good, I could be a song writer. Then again I'd have to sing, read music, and play an instrument. I think I'll just stick with a article writer, I'm better at that anyways. I'd probably be a lyrical fail rather than being a lyrical genius.

Good lyrics only come once in a blue moon. Crap lyrics come like bees going to honey. See! That was a bad simile right there. If that was even used for a lyric, well that person would be out of a job quickly.

I honestly just need time with my thoughts.

_______________________

I wish his was longer, I really do.

My head isn't on straight right now. For the past couple of days my head has legit been spinning. I can't grasp onto any of my thoughts.

This fits in though, it gives you a transition into the bigger part of the story.

I love you guys and I'm sorry

-V

NU: Saturday