24

Please don't hate me for this chapter!!

"No," I hear Nezther whimper as we walk into the room.

Jason looks up at me with a sigh. "She refuses to go home and shower, sleep, eat..."

"I'll go with her," Kinsley steps out from behind me. "Come on, Nessie."

"I's wan 'm dada," she mumbles.

Jason bites his lip. "Fuck," he whispers.

"Fuck," Jasper giggles.

"JASPER!" Leigh yells at him. "What did your mommy say about saying those words?"

"She said not to."

Jason rolls his eyes. "Babygirl, look at me," he kisses her forehead.

"Why don't you just tell her to get out of her headspace?" Leigh pipes up.

"It doesn't work like that," Jason snaps, "she can only get in- not out."

A scoff comes from the girl. "You have some nerve," I speak up. "Nezther and Jason brought you into their home willingly. How dare you have the audacity to even look at either of them wrong." Everyone just stares at me. "Come on, Nessie. Jay Jay will bring you home," I lift her out of Jason's arms.

"Be careful with her, please. She's been having problems with her back," he says softly.

I nod, "I will. We'll be back in a couple of hours. Do you want anything while we're out?"

"Iced tea, please. They won't give it to me," Jason pouts.

"Will do."

«» «» «»

I set Nezther in the bath. "Okay, baby. Calm down. Jay Jay is going to go get you a bottle," I stroke her cheek.

She nods, looking down at the bubbles happily. "Dank fu, Jay Jay," she mumbles. I stop at the bottom of the stairs.

This could be my chance to get her back.

No, Justin. She's pregnant with twins and already has a child with Jason.

I shake my head as I walk to the cupboards. "JAY JAY!" Nezther shrieks just as the microwave beeps.

I grab the bottle and shake it as I run up the stairs. "What's wrong, Princess?" I set the bottle on the bathroom counter.

"I miss daddy," she sniffles. "You's hold me?"

I nod, "let me clean you up and you can get out." Nezther giggles as I wrap her up in a hot pink towel. She leans against my chest and holds the bottle in her mouth. "Take a nap and then we can go see daddy," I kiss her forehead.

She kisses my cheek as I lay her in her bed. "Dank fu," she whispers sleepily. "No, Jay Jay," she yawns, "way wif me." I lay down next to the precious little. She lays her head on my chest and wraps her arm around my waist.

...

A few hours later, my phone buzzes from my pocket, making Nezther whine for me to wake up. I quickly answer it. "Hello?"

"Sorry, did I wake you up?" Jason asks quietly.

"Yeah, but it's okay. My alarm was gonna go off in ten minutes anyways."

"Oh," he chuckles. "How's Nezther? Did she sleep and eat?"

"Yeah, I gave her a bath then-"

"You gave her a bath?"

My eyes widen as I sit up quickly. "Sh-She's deep in her little space, Jace. I swear I didn't try anything," I rush out.

"Whatever. Did she eat?"

"No, not yet. We just woke up."

"We? Just get her ready, get her food and come back," he grunts before hanging up.

I toss my phone to the nightstand and turn to Nezther. "Hey, cutie," I kiss her nose.

She giggles, "hi, Jay Jay."

"I'm gonna go downstairs and make you something to eat. Change and pack some toys to bring to go see daddy, okay?" I whisper as I tuck a piece of hair behind her ear. I find myself slowly leaning down to her lips.

"Jay Jay, no!" She screeches as she jumps up. I lean back as I run my fingers through my hair. "Bad, Justin," she mutters as she walks out of the room.

I lean back, looking up at the ceiling. "Fuck," I run my fingers through my hair.