Chapter 2~ Beijing, China

So, there we were. Just four crazy teenagers, ready to explore the world in the most unexpected ways.

As I was sipping on a cappuccino waiting in line to buy our first plane tickets, I turned to Ryan and asked, "What if the plane is full? What if the weather is really bad on the flight? What if-"

"Alexis" he cut me off and turns to me, "you're overthinking this. Please, calm down we're going to be fine. Now just sip on that coffee of yours".

First Destination: Beijing, China

It sounded nice, really nice. Ryan handed our passports to the ticketing agent, he identified the same flight as Kayla and Josh's and was ready to pay for our first tickets. I was to pay for the next. Luckily, we were out of peak season so the tickets were much cheaper.

"The plane is almost full, so the only two seats I have together are, Economy, Seats 24C & 25C. Otherwise, you can sit in singular seats?"

Ryan shakes his head, "No we'll take the two together, thanks". After the tickets were processed we had 3 hours until departure. We went back over to our families.

Ryan's parents and Skye came to say their farewells. Kayla's mum came, so did Josh's parents.

Mum had an urgent call at work so we said our goodbyes at home. So guess who came to the airport with me?

You got that right...Ariella. Yay? My sister took the day off work to farewell me at the airport. "Remind me why you're doing this again, Alexis?"

I rolled my eyes at the endless questions she was throwing at me today. "Because, why the hell not? I'm living life on the edge. That's what we're supposed to do, right?"

She cocked an eyebrow up, "Yeah sure, tell yourself that", she replies sarcastically. "Anyway, you guys should grab some lunch and get going through passport checks and customs. Please be safe, and just...don't die". And that was my sister's advice. If she couldn't even provide me with sufficient advice to calm me, then who could?

I take a deep breath then roll out my luggage, ready to place myself into foreign situations. At least I have my friends, knowing that made me feel a whole lot better. Even though they were the ones who dragged me into this.

Alexis, for once in your life, can you please not be such a downer?

I glanced towards the three who looked more than excited to get going. I smiled to myself and thought about what Ryan said before. I really need to stop overthinking everything, and just go with it. 

Everyone said their goodbyes, and began picking up our bags and rolling our luggage. We started walking together past the many restaurants the airport had to offer. Ryan walked beside me. He leant over and picked up my carrybag.

"I'll take that from you, Muffin" he says with the most adorable smile, "I think Mexican, how about you guys?" he asks everyone and we all nod in agreement.

After eating, we made our way to passport checks, handing in our baggage and smoothly made it through customs. We were waiting for our flight in the waiting room filled with many grey chairs and the outside terminal was it's walls. We saw planes parked neatly next to each other. I left the others and strolled over to the glass wall to observe the outside. I've never been away from home before, so I was more than worried. I was absolutely terrified. Especially since I didn't really have to time to mentally process this. I take a deep breath and fold my arms over my chest, trying to calm myself. But I didn't need to, because Ryan came up behind me and wraps his arms around my waist and places his chin in the crook of my neck.

"I'm with you, don't forget that" he whispers, "and I promise to not leave you, you hear me Muffin? I promise". I close my eyes and enjoy his calming touch. Ryan had that effect on me, and I loved it. 

The flight attendant calls our flight, ruining our moment. Not even a minute later there lines of happy travellers with their families, holding carrybags, headrests or their children. Or some who were just ready to go back home. 

We waited in line, ready for our boarding passes to be checked. When it was our turn, the flight attendant kindly greated us and directed us to our section. All was going smooth until we boarded the plane and found our seats. Kayla and Josh sat comfortably in their pre-booked seats. Ryan and I headed towards ours, which were at the back of the plane, where all the commotion was happening.

I look at Ryan and raise my eyebrows, "Unpreparation at its finest" 

Ryan apologetically smiled and shrugged his shoulders, "At least we're closest to the toilets".

13 hours of hearing flushes, having people constantly walk around you, and have reclined chairs in your face the entire time.

Yay?