Chapter 3~ Beds

The skies were grey and Beijing's night life lit up its city for all to see from above.

Ryan's head lay gently on my shoulder, sleeping and with not one wrinkle on his carefree face. I turn towards the window, but before thinking 'finally we're here', I admired Beijing's lit up city. With fluorescent skyscrapers, where the waters mirrored its night life. Such an exciting sight.

We saw Kayla and Josh a couple times on the flight, just when they needed to use the bathrooms. I turn to look at Ryan, not wanting to disturb his peaceful sleep. But I lightly nudged his shoulder, he awoke by crinkling his nose and slowly opening his eyes to look straight up at me. He didn't lift his head from my shoulder, he just admired me from his angle.

"We're here?" his rasped voice finally spoke.

"Yeah, finally" I nod, and then turn back towards the window. "Look how pretty it looks" I say, pointing out Beijing's nightlife from the small, oval window.

Ryan leans over to take a peep and smiles, "Seriously, I can't wait for some solid Chinese food". I laugh in response, adding that we must also have the full Chinese noodle market experience. He seemed very eager for that.

Then, the seatbelt light flickered on, signalling that we were preparing for landing.

If there is something about flying I can't take, its landing. I would rather experience the back of the plane all over again, then have to land. The pressure goes straight to my ears, and I'm in pain for a solid twenty minutes whilst trying to land.

I had my head in my hands, crouching over, with a few tears streaming down my face. I didn't want Ryan to see that I was in pain, I wanted him to just take care of himself.

He placed and arm over my back, rubbing it and trying to make me feel better. Bless him. I murmured that I had "felt sick" at the exact moment we were landing, I kept my head down and my eyes closed. Once I felt the plane finally land, I quickly rubbed a tear from my eye whilst everyone celebrated and looked up from my position.

"Woo, we finally made it, Muffin" Ryan grins, ready to just run off the plane and begin this adventure.

I breathe in a sigh of relief, happy to see the ground again. I turn to Ryan and flash him a smile signalling that I was okay. "I can't wait to just get in bed".

Ryan cocked an eyebrow and smirked, "Oh really? You're that eager?". I slap his arm playfully and shake my head at his very dirty mind.

Alexis, you know you want it. Don't lie to yourself.

I shake the thoughts from my head, quite surprised at my mind. For pete's sake we just landed in China, and all I can think of is getting in bed with Ryan? Get a grip, Alexis.

The Chinese border control were not smooth at all. We had questions being thrown at us right, left and centre. About our nationalities, home cities, occupations...you name it. Customs was hell. A lot of my toiletries were taken, leaving me very stressed. The same happened to Kayla. She walked up to me after we finally passed the airport team, breathing heavily she just embraces me into a hug.

"They took my favourite shampoo, dammit" she curses whilst her head rested on my shoulder.

I pat her head whispering, "There, there sweet Kayla. I'm sure China had plenty to offer us."

After taking a cab to the same hotel Kayla and Josh had booked, Ryan and I booked a room for two nights. That's right, our own room.

Of course me being completely stupid and not thinking that we actually didn't have enough money for a two-bedded room. That's right, we're sharing a bed.

I walk into the room and it's obvious that complete nervousness has taken over my body. Ryan has slept in the same bed as me before, it wasn't like any of it was different.

However, to me, this felt a little more special.

Holidaying in China, with our own room, and our own company. It sounded like pure bliss.

That was until we hear Kayla knocking, more like hitting, our hotel room door and calling us from outside. "Guys! Open the door" Kayla whines.

I make my way to the door, and as soon as I turn the knob, Kayla rushes in all frantic. I look at her like she's lost it.

"Um, Kayla...are you alright?" I ask carefully. She's examining a pamphlet, and once she looks up at me she just nods her head like nothing ever happened.

"Yeah, of course. I just wanted to tell you guys that we're going to the night noodle markets tonight" she states while pointing at the event on the pamphlet. "You guys are very welcome to join us, unless..." she begins smirking.

I roll my eyes at her statement and huff, "We'd be delighted to join...right Ryan?". He just shrugged his shoulders. Kayla left the room ready to organise the night. As I was unpacking some necessities, Ryan snuck up behind me, making my breath hitch.  I playfully smirked and rested my head on his chest. "Can I help you, Einstein?"

"Oooh, actually, you can" he turns me around, and begins to place small kissed from my jaw, down to my collarbone. I relax and enjoy the moment, tilting my head back in satisfaction as my stomach does summersaults. "Hmm, night noodle markets, eh?"

I just reply with a nod, not wanting to interrupt his kisses.

"I heard it's...also...the New Year" he continues to speak between kisses. "I reckon-"

I cut him off by placing my lips on his. Shutting his adorable self up. When we parted, he grinned whilst placing his arms around my waist to pull me into a hug. "Well that's another way to shut me up".

It was an hour before we set out to the noodle markets. And as we were getting ready, Ryan says, "I reckon we should buy one of those disposable cameras. Even though we can only capture twelve photos, we should only capture the moments we truly believe are worth remembering. What do you say Muffin?"

I picked up my handbag ready to walk out the door. I grab his hand in mine and hug it close to me, "I think that's a brilliant idea".

He smiled down at me and nodded slightly, "Well, what are we waiting for? Let's experience the world shall we? Oh...maybe once I get you a coffee".