Chapter 5~ New Delhi, India

"I think I'm going to explode from the amount of food that I've consumed" sighs Josh as he crashes on the couch next to Ryan.

Kayla and I sat cross legged on the carpet, trying to figure out how Ryan and I were going to board the flight to India with her and Josh. Because China and India were so close together, flights were affordable at this stage. 

"Alexis, search the 'Air India' 9:00am T436 plane from Beijing to New Delhi" Kayla suggested. So, I did I was told.

"Wait, I thought we were in Shanghai" Josh's sleepy voice grumbles. Kayla rolls her eyes at the stupidity that just left her boyfriend's mouth.

"Geez Josh, you sure food was the only thing you consumed?" Ryan asks giving Josh a nudge to try and wake him up.

I found the flight and tried booking for two, until a very annoying message appeared on the screen. "Shit...it's booked out" I stress, rubbing my temples. 

"When's the next one?" Ryan asks.

"Not until 2pm" I sigh whilst scrolling through the lists of flights. 

"Perfect, book it so we can go to sleep" Ryan smiles cheekily and pushes himself from the couch and turns towards Josh. "Hey, get out" he says playfully and nudges Josh's half-asleep body.

My cheeks have a slight pink tint to them after what Ryan just said, and the light of the computer screen was not helping either. I quickly booked the 2pm flight and downloaded the tickets to the Wallet on my phone as there was no printer in sight. I closed the laptop and turned towards Kayla who was getting ready to leave for her room and sleep. "You alright?" I ask.

She gathered her books and nodded slightly with a small smile. "Yeah of course, I'm knackered. See you tomorrow". After her followed Josh, which left just Ryan and I. As soon as the door shut I felt great arms pick me up from the ground and walk me over to the bedroom.

"Well, well Mr Einstein, and what is it exactly you're doing now?" I ask with a big grin. He gently lays me on the unstable bed and kisses my forehead. My eyes slowly shut, enjoying his warm touch. My arms wrap around his neck bringing him closer. Instead of reaching my lips, he went straight to under my jawline. Trailing up and down. He left me in a trance.

When his soft lips met mine, I held onto them a little longer, never wanting it to end.

That was until I tried wrapping my legs around his waist, but instead kicked him in the hip ruining our perfect moment. Classic Alexis.

"Damn Muffin, calm down" he laughs.

I close my eyes in embarrassment and cover my face, "I am so sorry".

He continues to laugh at my misery but forgives me eventually. "Geez, think I may need a hip replacement after that one" he chuckles and kisses my cheek before setting himself beside me and getting ready to sleep. 

I just sat there under the covers, whilst Ryan laid his head on the pillow. There was a silent moment where I just sat there like a sad woman in the movies. "I ruined our moment, didn't I?" I gently ask Ryan. He flutters his eyes open to look at mine and gently smiles.

"No you didn't" he softly says, sitting up from his position to face me. He examines my face and softly caresses my cheek, "Coffee?".

That one word shot a smile through me and a nod of the head. He climbs off the bed and throws on a grey hoodie and some shoes. He reaches for my hand, and I let him take it. I throw on a long cardigan over my shorts and t-shirt and slip into some more suitable shoes than my bare feet. 

We leave our hotel room, gently closing the door behind us and making our way to the lobby's café. Ryan ordered whilst I made my way to the lobby couch.

Being the perfect boyfriend he is, Ryan makes his way to the spot next to me on the couch with two gorgeous cups of coffee. "Happy?" he asks with a cheeky grin.

"Very" I nod then taking a sip of the heavenly liquid. I sat cross legged and placed my head on Ryan's shoulder. Us just enjoying each other's company. It was simply beautiful. He placed a kiss on the top of my head before taking a sip of his coffee. I replayed today's events, just remembering how amazing they were. I then remembered the very heated phone call Ryan had in the later evening. "Is everything ok with you?" I gently ask, just wanting to make sure nothing serious had happened. 

Ryan shifted position, making me sit up from his shoulder. He looked confused at my question, "Well yeah, why do you ask?"

"Oh nothing, just wanted to make sure you're okay. I saw you had quite an intense phone call when we were at the gardens"

"Ah...that, right" he starts, "it was nothing Muffin, just some guy back at home being an idiot. There's nothing to worry about, I assure you. Now, drink up...we need to go back upstairs and get some rest for tomorrow".

Lets just say I knew Ryan was keeping something from me, and I intended on finding out exactly what. His answer was too vague, and if something serious has happened, I don't want him bottling up. 

I just nod my head in response and lift myself off the couch, "Alright, no worries. Lets head up".

***

That morning we waved goodbye Kayla and Josh for their 9am flight, while Ryan and I waited back for ours later. 

It hit lunchtime, and Ryan and I were chewing on some honey chicken, dumplings and sipping on Matcha Lattes. Being in China was one hell of an experience. I tried foods and immersed myself in a culture and country I had no clue about. It was truly spectacular.

Next stop, India...and I couldn't wait for our adventure there to begin.

 We boarded and flew the 7 hour flight with no dramas. We stepped into India's warm sun and embraced it's unique atmosphere. The airport was packed with tourists as well as home comers.

Ryan suggested we take rickshaws to the nearby hotel. 

"But why?" I ask him.

"Muffin, do it for the experience" he smiles and hops onto his rickshaw whilst I hop into mine. The carts rode to our hotel and were quite cheap. When we walked inside the lobby I couldn't find Kayla or Josh anywhere.  We had agreed to meet in the lobby at 3:30pm which it was almost twenty minutes past our agreed time and they were no where in sight. "Hey Ryan, can you see Kayla or Josh anywhere?" I ask, now starting to get worried.

He searched the lobby, we also looked inside the bathrooms. Nothing.

Where on God's Earth were they? I swear, if they are in closet or something, I'm going to...

Shhh Alexis, keep your cool. You need to find them.

We went up to the receptionist wondering if they had checked in. "I'm so sorry, your roommates have not checked in with us yet. But there luggage was placed in the concierge if that eases your mind" the receptionist informs us.

I turn to Ryan, clearly very stressed at this point, "So...basically they've dumped their shit with the concierge but haven't checked into the room yet...oh and they are nowhere to be found!".

"Muffin, don't worry they'll show up. We'll find them". Ryan tries to assure me.

We've lost my best friend and her boyfriend. In India. Great.

~~~~~

Awww bless Ryan and Alexis moments. Annndd ummmm hellooo Kayla and Josh where y'all at?!

Stay tuned...

Vote/Comment/Share

-G