Damnation Chapter Two

Sebastian's P.O.V.

Kidnapping

As I carried Selena down the hallway to young master's bedroom I couldn't help but notice how light she was, even for a human girl.

And I was surprised to say the least. Master had never said anything about having an older sister, and my guess is she is 17, maybe 18. The fact is she was much to light for normal humans her age, especially a young woman such as herself.

I sat Selena down on young master's bed and excused myself before going to get some water for my flower.

My flower? Where did that come from? Of course I thought she was beautiful, what man wouldn't? But she isn't mine. She probably will never be mine either. I saw they way she feared me when I had tried to help her. The way she shook in my arms. I had to resist the urge to pull her closer to me. What in the hell is going on with me? I have never felt this way before, especially towards a human. What is this feeling inside of me?

As I walked down to the kitchen I noticed it was unusually quiet. I suppose the others have gone to bed already. I silently got water for my withering white carnation. A white carnation symbolizes innocence, sweetness, and loveliness. Qualities she surely possesses. I walked back up to Ciel's room to see my young master asleep against Selena. Selena however, was looking out the window with silent tears streaming down her face.

"My lady?" I asked quietly.

Selena's head snapped to me but she stilled as master stirred slightly, and relaxed as he settled against her.

"Are you alright?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"I have made every effort to never lie, so no Sebastian. I am not alright." she whispered looking away from me. I walked over to her and handed her the water which she eagerly drank in matter of seconds.

"Thank you." she said in a stronger voice. I nodded and set the glass on the nightstand next to the bed and gently sat next to her.

"Can I ask you why you are not alright?" I asked.

She looked up at me and sighed. "It's a long story that I would rather explain only once, so you may be present if I tell Ciel tomorrow. Sebastian?"

"Yes my lady?"

"Thank you. For taking care of my little brother."

"Of course. He is my young master.

"Still, thank you." she smiled at me. I smiled at her and left the room with her glass. She had laid down and was now resting with the young master peacefully.

What happened to Selena to have her so frightened? I thought. I know that cult is a very cruel one, especially towards young girls, but what had they done to her to frighten her so?

Something in my chest clenched as I thought of all of the different reasons for the bruises on her body, and the wounds to her mental state. There was no doubt in my mind that she would never fully recover after whatever that cult did to her. She flinched even when her brother tried to touch her, but she made a good show to hide it from him.

Whatever they had done to her has made her afraid of a person's touch. The clenching in my chest became almost unbearable.

What is this feeling? I've never felt this before, so why for a human?

I walked to my room, questions swimming in my head. I shook my head to clear those thoughts. I began planning what to do fir the next day.

*********