[Real] Epilogue

October 13th, 2023 - Athens, Greece

Matty (14) and Megan (7) were having a break from school, Dan (37) and Anna (27) were having a break from work, and they decided to spend a few weeks in their beach house in Athens. Even though Matty and Anna suggested other places, Dan and Megan insisted that they should go to Athens again - they are kind of obsessed with Greece.

They've been there for almost a week now, and it was Anna's birthday. She was deep down hoping they'd forget about it but what was she expecting - she lived with two kids and Dan. Dan never forgets anyone's birthday, and kids don't neither.

- ANNA, COME ON! YOUR SURPRISE IS DOWN HERE! - Matty squealed from the living room, jumping up and down.

Anna groaned and turned on the bed, searching for Dan, but finding an empty space. She slowly opened her eyes to face the beautiful view - the open glass doors leading to the balcony, where stood a Dan wearing only boxers, admiring the city below them, the vast beaches, and the ocean.

She slowly got up and walked over to the balcony, touching his back as she reached him. He turned to face her; he looked handsome with his 'just-woke-up-after-a-long-sex-night' hair and glasses, she thought. He wrapped his arms around her waist and played with her long, light brown hair. She inhaled his scent and hugged him back.

- Happy birthday. - Dan whispered.

- Mehh. - Anna moaned, making him chuckle.

- C'mon, put on some clothes, we have a surprise for you downstairs. - He poked her ribs as they both re-entered the room.

- Uhh, stop it! - She tapped away his hands; he chuckled and did it harder. She started laughing as she pushed him away. - It tickles, you moron! Stop it! - He laughed with her as she fell on the bed and he tickled her even more.

- I don't know what you're doing, - Matty said from the door. - But you have to stop now and come down here.

- We aren't doing anything R rated if that's what you're suggesting. - Dan said, making Anna chuckle.

- Daaaad, come on. - Megan called, annoyed.

- YEAH DAD COME ON! - Anna pushed Dan aside and ran into the bathroom to take a shower.

Fifteen minutes later, Anna was changing into the pale green shorts Paramore gave her about ten years ago and one of Dan's old wolf t-shirts because why not.

- OH MY GOD ANNA WHY ARE YOU TAKING SO LONG IN THERE? - Matty called from outside.

- I'm coming you idiot, hang in there. - Anna replied as she dried her hair. Yes, they are a beautiful family.

She tied up her hair in a high ponytail and walked into the hallway, humming some London Grammar song.

- Hmm, you'll dream of me too, hmm, your hands are on my face... - She muttered as she distractedly walked down the stairs. Her eyes scanned the steps ahead and landed on a pair of black boxers. She sighed, tired of facing that same scene every morning, and cleaned her throat. - I swear to god if I have to pick up these boxers again I'll just get them to shove in the mouth of whoever this belongs to! - There was familiar laughter coming from the living room, but she didn't recognize who was laughing. She was sure it wasn't Dan, nor Matty nor Megan.

Slowly Anna walked into the living room; with their backs turned to her, there stood her friends, the people she missed the most. See, with work and all those appointments back in London, she couldn't meet up with any of her friends, and they couldn't go see her neither, because they were busy as well.

Know who I'm talking about?

- Mum! You're finally here! - Megan squealed, running over to Anna. She got the kid in her arms and took a couple of steps forward to them, who were now turned to her, smiling. The 1975, Bastille, Louis... and all of the girlfriends, plus Lucy and Lana.