RST ~ Hikari and Kagura ~ | Years |

____________________________________
Year 2014 - 10 years old - | First Meeting |
____________________________________

Hikari sat down and leaned his back on the bark of a very large tree. It was on top of a hill, and for some reason, he hadn't noticed it.

It was the perfect place to practice playing with his kendama.

He had just received it recently from his grandma as a gift, and ever since then, he's been looking forward to using it.

He took the ball off of the spike, letting it dangle. He tried to get the ball into one of the cups, but the ball kept bouncing off.

As patient as he was, this was frustrating.

After several tries, Hikari swings the ball forward and to his surprise, it landed on the spike.

He gasped slightly, but at the same time, he heard a startled voice behind him- he turned around, catching a glimpse of the ends of a pigtail.

There was a girl on the other side of the large tree.

The girl turned around, trying to take a peak at the boy she was watching, but when she did, he was gone.

She turned back, shocked to find the boy beside her-

"AH-"

"What are you doing?" He asked, crossing his arms. The girl looked down, embarrassed.

She was tipped pink from head to toe- she was wearing a pink-button up sweater and a pink skirt. She had her hair done up in high pigtails.

She didn't answer, and remained looking at her toes.

Hikari sighed, and just continued to play with his kendama, noting that the girl was watching him. He walks away, leaving the girl behind. It was an awkward atmosphere, and he wanted to get out of it.

The girl watched as the boy made his way down the hill, soon in the path leading to her school,

"Ah! I should be going too!" She rushes behind the large tree and grabs her backpack on the other side and puts it on. She hurriedly made her way down the hill as well, head up high, following the boy's walking figure in the distance.

Hikari made a turn as he entered the gates of his school. He was still a new student, moving there just about two weeks ago, and everything was still so unfamiliar. Though he did have some friends; Suzuki Right, whom he met during Summer and spar in karate ever so often- A carefree boy who never seems to run out of room in his stomach for food. There was also a girl usually going around with a ponytail- she was the class representative, Natsume Mio, who helped him on his first day.
It was nice there in Subarugahama, but it wasn't home.

As Hikari walked into the school, he went into a hall. Mio had said specifically to not go there, but he was curious why it was supposedly abandoned by other students.

With minutes to spare before class, Hikari walks down the hall, eyes darting around the place. It was a bit darker than the other hallways, lights flickering. The lockers were rusted- and a few of them even had dents on them.