Midnight Rendezvous (Ron Weasley)

"Pst! Ron!" I whispered at him and poked his arm. He had fallen asleep yet again while Professor Binns drones on about complete rubbish.

Ron blinked wearily and cautiously opened his eyes. He gave me a sleepy smile when he saw me and it was all I could do not to fan girl right there.

"Hey y/n. What's up now?" He whispered back. He trained his excitable eyes on me and I grinned.

"Feel like sneaking out tonight?" I whisper, glancing at the professor to make sure he hadn't noticed our conversation.

"Hermione and Harry going out again then?" He asked, looking lovesick, then scrunching up his face and gagging. I nod.

"Mmhmm. I was thinking the kitchens." Ron nods quickly. It's become a habit of ours to sneak out to the kitchens at least once a week, usually on Harry and Hermiones 'date night'. It's great fun, and Harry lets us borrow his invisibility cloak for it.

"You've got me there. Eleven?" I give him a thumbs up and place my head back on the table. Time for a quick nap.

"Y/n m/n l/n! Get up this instant! I cannot believe you've fallen asleep in the History of Magic again! It's the most fascinating subject, honestly." Hermione shakes my arm and scolds me. I jerk up and wince at the furious glare on her face.

"Sorry Herm. I'd say it won't happen again but that'd be a lie, wouldn't it?" Ron sniggers beside me and Hermione looks livid at his reaction.

"Ronald Bilius Weasley! Don't think I won't tell Molly how much you're slacking in your school work!" Ron pales instantly and I snicker. Harry places an arm on Hermiones shoulder and she melts into his touch, instantly becoming calmer.

"Mione. You can't be responsible for everyone. Let someone else be the teacher." His words soothe her and she frowns at herself.

"Sorry Harry." Hermione smiles at her boyfriend who positively beams back.

"I would say sorry to you two but that'd be a lie wouldn't it?" Hermione imitates my voice and smirks.

"Anyways, we'd best get off to the library. We've got to write the essay on wolfsbane for potions, palm reading for divination and not to mention the properties of gillyweed for herbology!" Hermione starts panicking.

"Oh Merlin! Herbology is due in two weeks! Two weeks! Can you believe it? How on earth did I leave it this late?" Harry chuckles and puts an arm around Hermiones waist.

Ron and I share a look.

"Don't worry. We'll all attempt to help you, though you're so brilliant I doubt you'll need our help." He smiles fondly and the tension drains from the fluffy haired girl.

"Okay right. We'd best prioritise and do it now. Come on you two." Harry takes hold of Hermiones hand and they stroll to the library, Ron and I muttering obscenities behind the pair.

"The bloody hell do they think they're doing? We look like sodding slugs compared to their pda. You'd think we were incapable of love." Ron mutters. I let out a laugh.

"Next time they can shove it up their arses. No way am I doing homework two weeks early again!" I exclaim. Ron nods.

"Besides, homework is meant to be done the night before. Maybe if they got it through their thick heads.." We share a laugh and follow the couple into the library.

"Right. Everyone, save yourself. I've got extra credit to as well and there is no way I'm wasting my time on the pair of you who don't listen or take notes in class." Hermione announces. Ron and I share a panicked glance. I switch my gaze at Harry, who winks at me and slides his notes across the table.

"Harry! You're a lifesaver. Thank Merlin!" I hurry about finishing the three essays, and stretch my aching hands by the end of it.

"Bloody hell. I think I've broken my hand." Ron complains as he sets his quill down. I let out a snort and Hermione shoots me a look.

"Tempus." With a wave of my wand I discover that we've almost missed dinner.

"No! Not dinner!" Ron gasps. Harry looks up.

"Dinner? You've got me convinced. Come on Herm, I'll get the house elves to prepare us dinner hey?" Hermione beams and nods.

Ron and I trudge to the Great Hall with the pair following us.

"Bloody hell. She tried to keep us from dinner!" Ron accuses. I nod seriously.

"She should go straight to Azkaban for that one." I claim. Ron's eyes light up once we enter the Great Hall and he goes straight for the food. I let out a laugh and follow.

After dinner, Ron and I enter Gryffindor Towers and I sprawl myself across the couch.

"Right. I'll go get the cloak." Ron disappears up the stairs to the boys dormitory. I make a mental plan. In order to avoid Peeves, who tends to wait in corridor 3, which is right by the kitchens, we'll have to go through corridor 7, which is the longer route, though we'll have to be careful of the portraits-

I let out a scream as someone grabs my waist from behind. Ron bursts out laughing and I snatch the invisibility cloak off him.

"Ronald Weasley! Don't make me leave you behind!" Ron instantly starts protesting.

"Come on y/n! You know I love y-" Ron shuts off. I freeze.

"Anyway, we should go. I heard Peeves is raiding the potions cabinet tonight so we should be able to go through corridor 3." Ron says hurriedly. I nod, not trusting myself to speak just yet.

Ron and I huddle underneath the safety of the invisibility cloak and quietly patter out of the stilled common room. The fat lady is snoring softly so it's rather easy to slip by.

We slowly make our way to the kitchen and Ron reaches up and tickles the giggling pear, who lets us in.

"That was rather disappointing." I whisper.

"My thoughts exactly. It's much more fun when there's people about." Ron agrees.

"Oh well. There's always the way back. Right now, ice cream is my priority." Ron's eyes light up.

"Wonder if there's any triple fudge brownies left from dinner?" We both make our way into the kitchens. Ron targets the fridge and I go straight to the array of freezers. I let out a content sigh when I see the various tubs of chocolate icecream. There's a stack of utensils by the freezers, and I grab a large spoon.

I glance over at Ron to see his eyes gleaming as he spots the brownies. At the worst possible moment, I hear the unmistakable sound of Peeves. It sounds like he's right by the kitchen entrance, and almost drop the spoon. I stifle a shriek and know from the look on Rons face, he's realised as well.

"Save yourself!" I whisper frantically. Ron launches himself over several large bags of rolls and comes barrelling over towards me, cloak in hand. He wraps it tightly around us, and I feel his warmth radiating. I'm grateful it's dark so my increasing blush remains concealed.

It can't be more than a minute but it feels like I'm pressed against Ron for hours. The lack of space forces me to be pressed into his chest.

"Y/n?" Ron whispers.

"No Ronald. It's actually Mrs Norris." I scoff in reply. Ron growls and lifts my chin up slowly, then quickly presses his lips against mine.