Chapter Ten - A Battle Within Heroes

Ivory was hanging upside down, held up by Jackelope's sand and whatever power she had. Pyra was on the ground laughing so hard she couldn't breathe, and Chat Noir and Ladybug were frantically brushing the sand off their feet.

Ivory's vision started going dark around the edges. She stared, terrified, at Jackelope who was grinning evily while moving her arms, shaking Ivory. Tears streamed up Ivory's face, into her hair and ears. It started getting hard to breathe.

"Jade!" Ivory screeched with whatever strength she had left. "Please... Put me down!" Ivory waved like one of those 'wacky waving inflatable and flailing tube man' things. Try saying that five times fast.

Jackelope stopped moving her arms, staring at Ivory's wiggling body. She looked from the dangling wolf, to the peacock dying laughing in the sand. Pyra had rolled around, unaware that she was now covered in sand. Ivory quickly caught on, but when she tried to warn Pyra, she choked on the spit pooling in the top of her mouth.

So just to recap, Ivory is hanging upside down, almost unconscious, choking on her own drool while trying to warn Pyra about Jackelope. Yeah, not fun.

Jackelope dropped the now unconscious wolf girl on her head in the sand, and pulled Pyra to her feet.

"Hey!" Pyra squealed. "What- AH!!" Pyra went flying like a rag doll towards Ivory.

Going after the weak one, of course.

Ivory coughed. Her face was red from the head rush, and she went limp.

"She's dead!" Chat called from a roof top.

"Chat, you goof. She's not dead." Ladybug rolled her eyes, and started towards Jackelope.

Jackelope smiled so bitterly, she looked ready to kill someone. "Fight."

As if on cue, Pyra pulled out her weapon and knocked Ladybug down. The words Jackelope had completely taken over Pyra. She looked the same, but she acted like she was akumatized.

"BUG!!!" Chat jumped down towards Pyra, landing just behind her. Pyra spun around, kicking Chat hard in the side, knocking him to the ground. She stepped on his wrist, grabbed his hand and was about to pull his ring off when Ladybug came from behind, jumping on Pyra's shoulders.

"Agh!" Pyra cried as Ladybug threw her off balance. She stumbled forwards, landing in the sand.

"What's wrong with you, Pyra? Get ahold of yourself!" Ladybug pinned Pyra to the ground, sitting on her back.

Pyra reached back and ran her hand down her tail. It formed a metal staff, detached from her suit, and she swung around, hitting Ladybug in the shoulder. Chat - who suddenly decided to help after pampering his wrist - grabbed Pyra's hands, ripping the staff out of them and throwing it as far as he could. But when he turned to throw it, a disturbing sight caught his eye.

There was a line through the sand from where Ivory had been laying, to the nearby alley. Jackelope was nowhere to be seen.

"Ladybug, we might have a problem." Chat turned back to Ladybug and Pyra, who had stopped trying to kill them.

"What happened?" Pyra looked up at Chat, confused.

~~

"Haven't you done enough..." Ivory weakly murmured out her words.

"I don't have your miraculous yet. So no." Jackelope crouched in front of the mostly dead body. Well that's what she looked like anyway.

Jackelope pulled Ivory's hand up so she could see her bracelet; her Miraculous.