Chapter Two - Pyra's First Battle

A peacock superhero jumped around the school, still not entirely sure how to get out.

The sunshine boy wandered out of the locker room towards his next class. He heard a loud bang, and looked up seeing the peacock girl jumping around like a fly stuck in a window. She could see the way out, she just didn't know how to get there.

She stopped when she realized he was watching her.

"Oh. Hello."

"Uh, Hi?" Adrien was confused as to who she was.

"Um, How uh, how do I get out. I mean I know how, but is there, glass or something over the gym? I can't get out."

"No, no glass. Maybe try the front door."

"Right." The girl jumped down and started towards the door.

"I'm Adrien. Just by the way." He turned and smiled at her.

She turned to face him.

"Pyra." And she ran off through the doors and disappeared.

"Who is that Plagg?"

"I don't actually know."

"Should we follow her?"

"Just to be safe."

Adrien ran to the locker room and transformed, running after the peacock.

"Come on! It's not like she's hard to find, she's got a peacock tail!" Chat scanned the city until he saw something come flying at the school. It hit the school, and everything started crumbling. He panicked and ran back inside.

"Everyone out!" A piece came flying down towards Marinette and he dove to protect her. Something pushed both of them out of the way. When Chat looked back, Pyra stood there, ready to take the hit, the piece of concrete heading right for her.

"NO!" Chat tried to jump towards her, but as soon as the piece touched her everything disappeared, and the school was fine. Chat couldn't stop himself, and ended up tackling the peacock girl.

"Care that much, Kitty? We just met." She smirked. He pushed himself up and helped her then ran back to Marinette.

"How did you know it wasn't going to kill you?" The black cat helped the raven haired girl to her feet, but the question was directed to Pyra.

"It's Volpina. You remember her right?"

"Yeah."

"She's back. It's all illusions... lies. I know how to beat her. Stay here and take care of the students. They need someone." Pyra turned and ran off.

"Wait, how are you going to catch the akuma? Girls are so confusing. Are you alright Marinette?" She nodded.

~~

A little white butterfly fluttered past Chat's nose and landed on his ear. He twitched his ear and looked up to see Pyra standing on the roof. She was different somehow, but Chat couldn't quite put his finger on it. Then she turned and left. Was the butterfly the akuma? Had she found a way to purify them? Chat had so many questions. Next time he saw her he would ask.

Pyra went back home. She knocked on the front door, her brooch beeping. A friendly face opened the door.

"Home so soon, honey?" She smiled.

"There was an akuma attack." The peacock stumbled in the door. She felt like collapsing, she was sore. She hadn't fought hand-to-hand before. She fell to the floor, a blue light surrounding her. A little blue peacock floated in front of her face.

"After that, I think you'll need a day off, Kiara." The kwami snuggled up close to the lump on the floor.

"I told Adrien I would see him tomorrow. I can't get him to make an excuse for me again." Kiara's mother stopped what she was doing immediately.

"Adrien?"

"Yeah, he's in my class. He stood up for me when that brat, Chloe, tried to insult me." Her mother smiled at her words.

"He was always such a nice boy. It's all because of his background. Gabriel is so strict with the poor boy." She frowned slightly.

"I-I'm sorry. I won't bring him up again." Kiara remembered what her mother had told her.

"It's okay. You don't have to go to school tomorrow if you're too sore." her mother smiled reassuringly.

"No, it's okay. I'll go. Could you turn the news on for me, Sapph?" The kwami smiled and zipped to the remote, turning the TV on. Kiara smiled back. "Thanks."

'Today, Volpina threatened Paris again. But something was different today. Ladybug was nowhere to be seen, and Chat Noir stayed at the high school. A new hero who goes by the name of Pyra stopped the Villain today. Chat Noir was a key witness, after the attack occurred. "She stood on the roof over there, and the butterfly landed on my ear. It was like she followed it to make sure it didn't do any more damage. When she saw it didn't do anything, she turned and left." Chat says that she looked different from when he first met her. "The first time I saw her, she had two green eyes, the colour of her back, but when she was on the roof, her right eye was a deep blue, like her chest." He claims that he didn't know why her eye had changed, but that he hopes to find out.'

Kiara sat for a moment, staring at the screen.

"Impossible!" she cried, "How could he have been close enough! He only saw me once any-" She stopped, remembering when she pushed him and Marinette of of the way of the illusion. "I hope he finds out, too." Kiara attempted to get on her feet, but she just collapsed again.

"You can't even walk, Kiara. You can't go to school tomorrow." Sapph floated beside her, her little eyes watching the girl.

"Fine. I'll sleep. But if there's another akuma attack, I have to go." Kiara eyed the kwami.

"Sapphire, I need your help for a moment." Kiara's mother called from the kitchen.

"I'll be right there! You'd better sleep. You aren't going anywhere if you're hurt." The kwami zipped into the kitchen.

The girl has long auburn hair, and her eyes are peacock green. Her outfit has the same patterns as a peacock, her forearms brown speckled with black, the rest of her a deep blue. Her back is green, the same pattern as a male peacock. She has a fan, the tail of a male peacock, which Chat believes to be her weapon, since there is no other visible evidence of one. 

Her mask wraps around her eyes and is black around her eyes, blue between them. There are white stripes next to her eyes, through the black. Her hair is braided, little blue peacock feathers stuck to her hair throughout the braid. Her ears are covered by her hair. The only trace of a miraculous gem is the peacock brooch on her chest. Nothing has been confirmed yet.

How did they know so much about her?

"When I saw her walking on the street, she appeared to be in pain."

That was an understatement.

"She was clutching her ribs, and her face seemed a little bruised."

A little bruised? She hadn't felt the pain until it was mentioned. She drifted asleep listening to the updates on the modelling world. It wasn't until she was fast asleep that the pain started to fade.