Chapter Thirteen - Lost and Found

Owen sits outside the cafe, tapping his fingers on the table impatiently. He had to meet with a teacher to talk about an extra credit project. Boring, boring, more boring. Owen sighed. Annoyed that the teacher was late, his eyes explored the little outdoor cafe. The sun was shining down, and when he tried to look to the right, sunbeams blocked his vision. He squinted, he could make out the silhouette of someone.

A cloud drifted in front of the burning sun and they became clearer. It was that girl from school, Jade, and she was standing there panting. Her hair was a mess, and she took shallow breaths. In her hand was a watch.

"Here... take this..." Jade gasped and held out the wrist watch to him.

~~~

Fenix was late for class again, being lectured by Master Fu for the third time that week. She burst in the classroom, causing way too much noise. She was panting, and a dark shade of red spread across her face as everyone turned to face her. Marinette had made it to class before her, which meant the period was almost over. Fenix fell into her seat in front of Kiara, grumbling. She opened her notebook as the girl leaned forwards to talk to her.

"You're later than Marinette. That's gotta hurt." Kiara snickered. Fenix ignored her, trying to tune in to the last few minutes of class. Then the bell rang. Fenix groaned, setting her head on her notebook in frustration. She packed her things up and started towards the door, only to be stopped by Adrien.

"Hey, are you alright? You seem... super sensitive." 

"I'm fine." Fenix snipped. She stormed out of the classroom and into the bathroom, dropping her stuff where she stood. She went straight to the furthest stall and locked her self in. She curled up on the toilet, staring at the door. Tears threatened to spill over her face when the door swung open.

Someone came in, humming happily, but sounding scared. Fenix guessed it was Jade, who had been acting weird since the spider attack, but as of late she was even more peculiar. Sniffling, Fenix shuffled out of her stall, collecting her things off the ground. Jade noticed and asked what was wrong, but Fenix ignored her and left.

She instantly regretted ignoring her friend, but she knew that talking about what was happening wasn't going to work. The bell rang, but instead of going to class, Fenix went outside. She sat in front of the school near the bushes longer then she cared about, thoughts empty, face blank. In her hand, a small tonic Master Fu had given her that morning.

Depressed and feeling lost, she zoned out of the real world, causing her to be unaware of the Tarantula that approached.

~~~

Jade couldn't focus in class. She was too caught up with this Owen boy. She hoped he would put the watch on, but she was also worried that he wouldn't like it. She was so unfocused, when people started screaming, she didn't clue in until a small potion bottle landed on the floor in the hallway. It exploded into a large cloud of blue smoke, freezing everyone in the hall. 

Jade leapt to her feet. She stared at her frozen classmates as Twigg floated out.

"JADE!!"

"Ah, what? Oh. Twigg, ears up!"

~~~

Wolfsbane landed in the hallway, behind a stiff Adrien Agreste. She smiled evilly, her tattered purple clothes flowing behind her. Hare burst out of a classroom ahead of her, slipping on wet liquid left over from the potion. Wolfsbane cackled, watching the hare hero stagger to her feet.

"Who are you, you witch!" Hare yelled, clinging to the railing.

"More coordinated than you, Bugs Bunny." Wolfsbane laughed once again, before bounding off. She landed outside the locker room, barging in and throwing another blue potion which filled the room, freezing all but her. She tapped the perfect ponytail of Chloe Bourgouis before smashing her own locker.