Chapter Eleven - An Overconfident Shadow

Nala was pinned in a corner, the pitch black tarantula crawling much too close for comfort, when three heroes barged in the door. Pyra had her tail back, and Chat Noir and Ladybug had collected themselves. Mostly.

"Where's Ivory?!" Ladybug shouted. Nala glanced up, before staring back down at the spider.

"Sh-she went u-upstairs..." Nala stuttered, her whole body shaking.

"Chat, you and I upstairs. Pyra, do something with that spider!"

"On it." The peacock trotted closer as the other heroes sprinted up the stairs. "Why don't you just squish it? It's just a spider!" Pyra gave a grunt of effort as she swung her staff around, landing straight on the spider. She lifted the staff, and the spider mush twitched slightly.

"It's not just a spider," Nala jumped at the peacock hero, terrified. "It's magic!" The spider simply multipied. The two, unharmed versions of its self scurried up the stairs.

"Follow that arachnid!"

~~

Pyra and Nala ran up the stairs after the spiders - plural - that headed for a room at the end of the hall. Chasing the spiders to the door, they burst through to see Ladybug, Chat Noir and Hare standing there.

"Are you sure she left?" Ladybug chatted with Hare near the right side of the room, Chat Noir staring out the window.

"Positive. She's a little temperamental." Hare smiled and stuck her tongue out. She looked from Ladybug to Chat, then glanced at the door where Nala stood horrified. "Nala?"

"S-s-spi-spider.." Nala pointed at Hare's shadow.

"What?" The tarantulas were creeping into the darkness of the shadow. The shadow formed antlers, although Hare didn't. It grew horrific green eyes and a terrible smile. It crawled up the wall and onto a mirror, where it walked right out.

It glanced around at the faces of the heroes - and Nala - before spitting, "I may as well welcome myself, since none of you will."

~~

Chat flew out a window, shattered glass flying with him. Ladybug jumped out after him, Hare popped out through a trap door in the roof, Pyra and Nala out the door. The shadow rabbit hopped out the window after Chat and Ladybug, and Hare jumped after it from the rooftop.

"Run, and hide. It's too dangerous for you here!" Pyra bounded up and after all the others, after finishing yelling at Nala.

"You have no idea how I live my life." Nala grinned and ran back in the building, Ivory coming out the window moments later. That's not suspicious at all.

Ivory caught up to everyone else, dashing beside Hare.

"What took you so long?" Hare laughed as she pulled the hoop off her hip.

"Minor detour." Ivory smiled as she snatched her rubix cube. Hare cracked the two sides of her hoop apart like a glow stick as Ivory pushed a grey button in the middle of one side. The cube solved itself and Hare's hoop split in two.

Hare spun the hoops around her wrist and hopped forwards. Ivory caught a fly swatter in her hand, and her ears fell in confusion.

Ivory glared at the colored end of the fly swatter like it was going to tell her what to do, while Hare bounded forwards. She threw her hoops toward the shadow. They passed right through, hitting Chat instead.

"OW!"

"Sorry!" Hare called loudly as her hoops returned to her. "Ivory, staring at that thing won't help."

"I know." Ivory jumped forwards, and began yelling like a madman. The shadow looked up for a moment, then disappeared, Ivory falling flat on her face.

"Well that didn't work." Hare huffed.

"Yes it did." Ivory smirked, as the shadow pulled itself to its feet like a string puppet. "Now that shadow is mine." Ivory grinned as she moved. The shadow frowned, in that surprised way a bad guy does when something doesn't go right. SLAP! She smacked it with the fly swatter.

Hare watched for a second. The antlers started fading, and Hare's shadow returned. A single tarantula wriggled out of Hare's shadow, and Ivory scooped it up with the fly swatter.

She VERY gently let the spider crawl on her hand, watching it didn't try anything, then threw the fly swatter into the air, catching her de-evilizing moon rock when it fell. She shook the spider off her hand into the moon, which luckily could expand to fit it. She spun one leg out beside her in a circle and dropped to a crouch, bringing her leg back under her, and held the rock above her head.

She howled, like a wolf howls to the moon, and it echoed all through the rooftops.

After this, Jade will be writing the rest of the chapters. Love you readers.