8

The large cruise ship finally docked, and Newt and I were off. We made our way through the busy, golden streets of London, until Newt swiftly pulled me into a dark, gray alley. The buildings in which we now stand between were maybe four feet from one another, causing Newt and I to be uncomfortably close together, not that I'm complaining. The tall buildings are made of smooth, gray bricks that shimmer like sunlight on water. The alley itself looks like it goes on forever, reaching the very sun.

"Why'd you pull me in here?" I question Newt. He gives me a crooked smile and withdraws his wand from his inner coat pocket. I can feel my eyes widen as excitement bubbles inside me. "Hold on to me." I do as I'm told. "Tightly now." I tighten my grip on his arm as the same strange black, foggy oblivion overcomes me.

In no time at all, a vast green forest lay before me. I gasp at the luscious green leaves attached to the dull, gray bark. The woods, though appear devoid of life, have a strange hum to them. As if it's buzzing with a strange energy. "Are we here?" I question. I hear Newt stifle a laugh. I give him a confused sideways glance. He nods, "Yes we are. But you may want to turn around." I look over my shoulder, and quickly realize what he means. I spin on my heel and nearly fall. 'This can't be real.'

An enormous castle blocks the sun from my view, a few of its pillars reaching so high, they appear to pierce the pale blue sky. I see hundreds of elegant, vintage windows, some are lit, others are dark. The structure itself is absolutely magnificent. It appears to be built from a variety of bricks, as if each individual one was different, yet completely identical. 'This place looks bigger than my home town.'

I stand still, breathless, for a moment longer, until Newt jerks me back to reality. "Huh?" I ask, knowing I probably missed something he said. He smiled at me, "Beautiful, isn't it?" I nod slowly. "This...is the most incredible thing I have ever seen." Newts gaze shifts back to the castle, that I now assume to be Hogwarts, and sighs, "That's not the last time you'll say that." He chuckles to himself and starts towards the magnificent monument. Suddenly, I hear a strange creaking noise, like the sound trees make when the wind blows too hard and it causes the trees to bend. Wait a minute, that's the exact noise. But there's no wind...? "(Y/N), get down!" I hear Newt scream, urgency in every word. I quickly drop to the prickly green grass, as something large passes over my head. I feel small, stick-like things brush against my back. 'What's happening?' I tentatively look up, and am astonished at what I see. A bare weeping willow, moving its branches in several different directions. 'But...there's no wind!' I frantically scan my surroundings, looking for Newt. "(Y/N)!" My eyes flash in the direction of the voice, finding Newt crouched on the ground across the way. "Crawl towards me!" He urges. 'I'm paralyzed. I can't move!' I slowly shake my head at him, it's the only thing I can move.  Newt stares at me for a moment, fear relevant in every one of his perfect features. He gazes at the tall, dark green grass, as if it holds the answer. Suddenly, his eyes widen, as if he just remembered something. He licks his lips as he slowly rises from the ground, wand in hand. Panic strikes every inch of my body. "What are you doing?!" He keeps his bright blue eyes fixed on the terrifying tree, "Don't worry (Y/N), I'll get us out of this." One of the great willow branches soars towards Newt. "Look out!" I scream, my voice raising a good four octaves. A slight smirk crosses his face as he waves his wand, "Immobulus!" I cover my eyes, not wanting to see Newt get slammed by a tree branch, but it suddenly grew quiet, as if nothing had just happened. Slowly, I peal my fingers from my eyes, and am relieved to see Newt, standing in the same place, unharmed. I look towards the weeping willow and see that it no longer moves, and appears to be a normal tree. A sigh of relief passes my lips. I quickly stand and sprint towards Newt, who has a large smile plastered on his face, as he puts his wand back in its previous resting place. Newt looks towards me as I jump into his embrace, nearly tackling him to the ground below us. I stand for a moment, breathing in Newts sent, thankful that he isn't injured. He holds me, arms wrapped protectively around my shoulders, "Are you alright?" I asks, I quickly pull away and look up at his face. "No, I am not, Newt Scamander. You could have gotten seriously injured! Imagine how terrible I would have felt if you had gotten hurt!" Newt quickly brings me back into his warm embrace. "Relax, I'm alright. Its ok, everything is fine." He whispered, running his fingers through my hair in an attempt to calm me down, which worked.

Newt chuckles to himself, "You really care about me that much?" He jokes. I feel my face heat up. "I never said that!" I say, a bit too quick to respond. He smiles, and offers me his arm. "Shall we?" I give him a questioning look, taking his arm. "You are about to meet someone very important to me." He says, a gleam of admiration hinting in his eyes. "Who are we seeing?" I ask, my curiosity getting the better of me. Newts smile grows as the name flows from his lips, "Professor Dumbledore."

*************************
TOP O' DA MORNIN TO YA LADDIES!!!! Super duper this chapter has taken so friggin long. I was supposed to update this yesterday but I've literally been sick all weekend =^= anyway, you guys wanted it so here ya go, chapter 8. Hope u enjoyed it!! I just could not bear to leave u all hanging with u guys blowing up my comments (thanks for that btw💖) I promise more updates will come soon my precious readers.

-Melly