Chapter 2

Quite Nothingness

**Warning Scene of material that may be offensive to some readers. **

She walked up the animal path up the tree covered sides of the valley walls. She eventually found her self free of the trees and walked to the cropping of rocks in the open meadow. She found thistle and sage there. She spent her time gathering each herb carefully. Making sure it was the correct herb. She then moved on into the rocky outcropping to find a stream. This was where goat's rue was found most often. It was found in high places near clear running water near rocks.

She then made her way back into the forest to find more roots to dig. She was kept busy for several long labourous hours as she carefully extracted the roots from the earth. When she her pouch was full and her arms and back burned from the effort she put into her task she went toward the stream in the meadow. She drank her fill and rested against the boulders there. Leaning back and letting the sun dance across her face.

A shadow fell over her and she glanced up gasping in startlment. She smiled when she saw that it was just Callon and Falron. She scooted over to give them room to sit.

"What are you two doing away from all the excitement of hunting?" she asked

"Following you. We have always been curiouse how you manage to gather so many herbs and roots by yourself." Falron said leaning against the boulder.

"And it's dangerous for a woman to be alone. There are many dangerous things that linger here in the high places." Callon added.

Silence filled the space between them. She felt something was wrong. The two eyed her strangely. . . something wasn't right. She knew when they glanced at each other in askance that she was in danger.

She ran. As fast as she could through the meadow and down the tree filled slopes of the valley. The breaths of the men behind her. They wanted her for some horrid purpose. When a strong body tackled hers to the ground, uncaring of the jarring she experienced, she was caught.

Held down by Callons weight and hands. He straddled her hips as she struggled to lash out and get away. She wore her already tired body out. He grinned maliciously above her his blue eyes glimmering coldly. He bent down and licked the side of her face and neck. She screamed out as she had when she was held down.

His fist caught her jaw harshly and black spots filled her vision. She was turned in her daze upon her stomach. Her bottom raised up by his arm under her belly. His other hand bunched up her skirt.

She clawed at the dirt to free herself to flee. To run from this forced joining. She screamed when he entered her. She had never experienced a mating and screaming was all she could do. Falrons laughes humiliated her. The fight left her as he gripped her waist and pounded her with his harsh brutal thrusts. Tearing her insides.

She lay limp her arms around her face buried into the earth. She lost herself in the quietness of her mind the pain searing. And suddenly it was gone.

She collapsed onto the ground blackness filling her sight. Her mind had taken too much. Too much stress in much too small of a time. She whimpered when the broad tall frame blocked out the sun as it crouched above her. Long dark hair fell around the strange face above her. She whimpered when she felt the large hand touch the soreness between her legs.

The other male stared at her blood. He shook his head. His visage blurred as her eyes went unfocused. She felt the warmth of a fur drape over her. She felt herself be picked up. She lost her self to the quite blackness. She knew nothing more.

*****************************

Nykrion hauled the female back to the meadow. He placed her beside her forgotten pouch and stick. Wetting his hand with water he cleaned between her legs. The males had no right to force a female. He should have killed them. He had not wanted his prescensce revealed just yet.

He picked up her stick and pouch and headed toward her camp. She didn't stir. He placed her in a small cave near her camp and waited above the entrance in brush to be sure he wasn't seen and to keep an eye on any predators that strayed near. He had left the males for any predator that passed.

The female stumbled out of the cave to the nearby stream and washed herself. She rested a long time on the bank. And in the twilight she went to the village. Her walk more normal but still the proudness of her stride was not the same. He growled low in his throat in anger.

'I should have killed them. . .'