Chapter 6

Watching You Watch Me

Sometime during the night she heard the babe whimper. She felt Nykrion shift and rose up over her and move the babe under her shirt and placing it on her breast. The babe latched on with vigor. She shifted drowsily not used to the babe yet.

She lay upon her back the babe upon her chest nestled into her breast. She dozed into a light daze. Nykrions hand moved to cup the babies head gently. She almost flinched thinking he would touch her. He didn't and she settled into her half awake state.

She grasped his hand after a while of watching him watch the baby. His eyes connected with hers.

"You care for her alot. More than most fathers do for their offspring. She would have been abandoned if not for you."She murmured drowsily.

He nodded and let the babe fall asleep. He took her to lay between them as Lanna pulled her shirt back down. She turned to stare at the father and his child. It was a wonder to her.

When mothers died in childbirth their children were mostly abandoned. Most women couldn't spare any milk or even keep enough food in her to supply large amounts of milk for two babes. So they were left out in the wilds or killed. This strange male had clung to his daughter. He had fought for his daughter. He even risked her peoples wrath and was even now trying to help push her body to make milk.

She could respect that in a male. She could understand his motivation for bringing her here. She didn't like it but she could bring herself to be so angry anymore. After today she had seen what he needed from her. Who was she to deny such a humble request? Who was she to turn him away?

*****************************

The first day and night from his standpoint had been good. Though at first she had been angry she had quickly calmed down. He had known once the female learned her purpose here she would calm. Though perhaps only the purpose for the baby. Him wanting to take her as his Rama was going to make her angry again.

He knelt scraping furs with Zeer she watched his work with a criticle eye as she let Reina suckle at her chest. He noted last night red marks upon her nipples. He could see the very edge of one now. Though she remained firmly dressed through out the day.

She watched with a critical eye as they scraped. He felt pride that she was taking note of his skills. Kinan came to Lanna and reached her a water skin. The water had been boiled with goats rue. Soon milk would flow forth from her. His daughter would be well fed.

Kinan also produced a sling for the baby. Lanna would have to do for the clan if they were to accept her. She would also have to start eating and grooming with them. Tonight he reasoned would be the time. She slipped the baby in as Kinan showed her.

She then began to scrap hides along side Zeer and himself. When the baby started crying much later she simply placed the sling and raised her shirt. Reina would soon be actually feeding from her. He shared a look with his grandfather. Kinan called to him and he walked to her.

"She needs to start integrating into the clan. Tonight let her groom you and you groom her. It will show the others here that she can begin making bonds with them." his sister advised.

"I had planned on it. What do you think of her? " he asked let his gaze trail to her busy form.

"I think you chose well. Once she understood your need her anger and fear dissipated. She is a female of worth. May she bare you many children." she said before leaving him to return to his work. Hours of more work was left to do.

*****************************

She sat sewing some clothes for the baby. She had found a horse leg bone and managed to make a needle out of it a piece of it. Many had given her strange looks when she began her tasked but now they had moved toward the center of the cave to eat.

Reina was suckling once more at her breasts. They had began to become sore and tender from her suckling. She winced every now and then and switched the baby from one to the other. She studied her work carefully as she sewed. If she was going to feed the babe she might as well care for it.

She glanced toward the cave entrance thinking of her grandmother. She missed her greatly and worried for the old woman. Though she found herself gazing at Nykrion he needed her more. Her grandmother would understand. Her people wouldn't be so accepting of her doing such a thing for a people not her own.

She glanced down at her work once more. Sewing for quite moments as the baby slept and the people around her settled down. She felt more useful here than she did in her clan. So for now she would stay. For now she was content. And besides winter was just beginning the spring was months away.

"Lanna." he called her name motioning her over to him. She rose gently and walked to him.

He pushed upon her shoulders to sit and he sat behind her. His hands began to run through her hair. Moving pieces this way and that. His large fingers feeling of her scalp. She felt him lean in closer trying to get a better look at her scalp.

He eventually pulled her to lay upon his lap. She felt vulnerable and open. She didn't like it. Though eventually his ministrations calmed her anxiety. She found herself looking around to see all the people paired up and grooming each other.

This reminded her of her own people telling stories and singing at the end of the day. It was a form of bonding. Of reforging ties strained by survival. He was including her in it. Making her a part of his clan. She smiled to herself.

When her scalp had been looked over thourghly he pushed her up. They traded places and she was shocked to find his head in her lap. Her fingers glided through his long dark hair. It slightly curled in gentle waves. She untangled knots as she went. Then scraped the scalp as he had. His eyes closed and his breathing deepened.

Once Reina started crying he rose and she went to her. After a while Kinan took the child and fed her. She found Nykrion sitting beside her. He and Kinan had exchanged words before he had come over. She felt him brooding beside her. She didn't like it and remained still and silent.

When he grasped her suddenly and placed her on his lap. Her back was to his chest and his hands came up to cup and knead her breasts. She struggled against this shocking embrace. He didn't relent. She stilled out of tiredness and his immobilizing hold.

Tingled spread through her after a while. Strange pleasurable sensations filled her abdomen. She simply lay her head upon his shoulder and let him do what he wanted. It was pointless anyway. He was only trying to make push her body to make milk.

The pleasure she felt was undeniable and heightened her awareness of him as a male. No just simply a other. His fingers pulled and tweaked her breasts tips. She caught the groan as spikes of intense pleasure shot through her.

Gooseflesh rose across her skin. After a while betwixt her legs felt hot and wet as well. She didn't know what was happening to her. Fear filled her of the unknown sensations he caused. Fear of the bulge she felt against her backside. She wrenched herself from him and made her way to the back of the cave.

There she found the lukewarm pool of water. Many in the clan bathed her in the shallower pool. The deeper cooler pool was used for water. She stripped and bathed cooling herself. She was glad to be out of their sight and to have a few moments alone.

She washed her self. Noting the red marks from the babes mouth. She cupped her own breasts feeling the slight tenderness in them. As well as the phantom memory of Nykrions touch. It still lingered.

She didn't hear him draw closer to her. She didn't see him undress as she was lost in her own mind.