Chapter 5

Authors note: Is it good bad or what are you all's thoughts on it. Be constructive and read review comment and vote. Thanks so much for reading.

Stolen

She woke from her sleep as if something had caused her to wake. Though she knew it had been the nightmares of her attack. She wiped the sweat from her forehead and desperately tried to fan her face but to no avail she felt as if she was choking. She grabbed her coat the inside still holding the fur of the moutain goat. She stepped outside noting the village fire was still going strong to ward off predators. She walked around the fire in a circualr pacing motion. Her nerves were far to frazzled for her to sleep anymore.

The pacing calmed her racing heart and mind. The repeatitive motion helped ease her as it had when she was a child. After her parents died she had been extremly anxious and her grandmother would hold her and pace back and forth in their lodge. She smiled remembering such fond memeories of the love between her and her grandmother. She twirled when she saw in her periphrial vision movement in the gloom of the night. Between two lodges where the food stores were she saw large forms moving.

Eyes glowed dimly in the gloom, not animal eyes the eyes of the people of the others. The oldest male moved toward her and she backed up opening her mouth to scream for help. A harsh hand wrapped around her mouth cutting it off. Another squeezed the air from her lungs. She glanced wildly around trying to kick and struggle. The iron strength of the arms around her were as resilent as ever.

"Nai Lanna" Nykrion whispered beside her voice. She sagged in relief that it wasn't some strange group of others. It was someone that was familar with. They seemed to have only taken what they needed. There was still plenty of meat and other supplies. She tried to turn her head to glance at him to see what was going on in his mind. He kept her looking forward. Her back pressed tightly against his chest.

She tugged insistently on his hand to release her. He didn't and when the others were done and moved out he carried her with him. She realized half way to the forest that he was taking her. Stealing her from her people. She screamed into his hand and struggled.Throwing her head back into his face hearing him grunt and stumble. The other two males burst into action after there was a risk of discovery. The others came and grasped her legs keeping her from struggling too much as Nykrion readjusted his hold.

His arm came to wrap around her neck cutting out her breath. The pressure in her head increased ten fold. She found black stars bursting along with white before her eyes. She felt herself slip away. She heard the soft strange language of the others. She saw the look on her allies face and she couldn't believe he had betrayed her trust. She felt her self faintly being thrown over someones shoulder. It wasn't Nykrion it wasn't his voices she heard as they waited. She slipped into unconiousness.

***************************

When she woke she found herself in a cave. Her head pounded and her heart raced in fear at seeing where she was. She was in the heart of the others home and territory. She coughed fromt he dryness in her throat. She lay quitely trying not to draw attention to herself. Though when a hand ran through her hair she jerked away her dry throat making her scream a squeak. She backed away until the cool stone met her back.

Once she was at a safe distance she studied the male that had sent her into a flight of fear. He was an old male with wrinkles and scars. Her heartbeat slowed as she calmed down while connecting her gaze with the old ones. He nodded in greeting his features softened. His head tilted down to look at the bundle held to his chest as it made a small whimper. He leaned down close and clicked to the babe softly while rocking it gently.

He glanced back at her and motioned her closer. She shook her head and his hand fell to rest on his leg. She studied his dark eyes and found them niether cruel or angry, they were full of curiosity and . . .  welcome? She didn't know but she couldn't stay backed into a corner all day. She needed to find room to manouver if need be. She waited until he motioned again and she hesitantly moved forward. She sat infront of him crossing her legs as he seemed to be trying to do only it seemed he had difficulty doing it with his right leg. It remained stretched out before him.

He held out the babe to her presenting it to her, as if she was the mother. As the babe was shoved into her arms she grasped it when he left it in her care. She looked down at the soft features of the baby. She found herself smiling as the little one smiled up at her. She let her finger gently trail down the baby's cheek.

He tapped her shoulder to get her attention. "Reina." he pointed to the babe. "Nykrions nieva." she nodded in understanding then let him finish what he was going to say. "Lo ya Nykrions Rama" He pointed at her and then to behind her. She saw Nykrion there working on a spear with a small boy at his side. He glanced up as if sensing her eyes upon him and rose.

She turned and moved to sit beside the old man. So that her eyes were upon Nykrion. She glanced at the baby planning to ignore her betraying friend. He crouched down right in front of her. He seemed pleased looked from her to his child.

"Lanna." he nudged her shoulder with his hand. She looked up at him glaring at him hotly. "Reina moa nieva. Zeer mia taren " he point to each of them and himself. "Lo ya riesta. " he touched her shoulder again.

Zeer motioned him to sit back and passed him a piece of meat and a water skin. She shivered as the snow filled wind picked up. Whipping down the hillside and slamming through the cave entrance.  This side of the hill it seem was more protected against the snowy winds.

She leaned back on the furs and noted that there were two others. Nykrion sat on one and she and Zeer sat on another. The other furs were the ones she vacated placed between Nyrkrions and Zeers. She was in his sleeping place she realized.

Blushing she moved to her pallet hastily. Zeer chuckled at her blush. Nykrion simply smiled and studied her. She still clutched the babe to her torso. She was reached a water skin by a small girl child. She took it gratefully. Drinking mouthfuls at a time.

Silence reined between the trio as the baby slept. The boy child came to Nykrions side and held out tthe spear he had been working on. All the while Zeer built up the fire. She noted three women and three other men. Two from the previous night.

She was complacent at the moment though anxious for what was still unknown to her. Why was she here? What was her purpose? The shrill cry of the babe brought her out of her mind and enhanced her nervousness. Nykrion was at her side in moments.

She flinched away fearful of him thinking she had hurt the child. She saw he was concerned with something else.  He pulled her tunic up and pushed her arms to bring the babe under her shirt and closer to her body. She felt it when the babe latched on to her breast. She jumped and sat stock still.

The odd sensation of the babe suckling was new to her. She saw that Nykrion was studying her closely. She sat and let the babe suckle as he moved back to the spear and waiting boy. She saw that she had garnered many of the peoples attention  surrounding her. She blushed and just settled her gaze onto her lap.

 As tthe day progressed the babe would be placated for only a while with her dry breasts. When the babe was distraught a woman came to her and let the babe feed. Then she was placed back into her arms.

When night fell meat was passed around and she ate her fill. She drank once more from the water skin and listened as they chatted together. She stayed in the small area as they gathered in the center around the larger fire.

Eventually Nykrion rose and moved his pallet close to hers. Pushing her back to lay down. She shifted onto her side the babe nestled to her chest. She felt him move closer to her and throw a fur over both of them.

She felt awkward and unsure laying so close to him. Though she was grateful for it. His body temperature was higher than hers in seemed. He generated massive amounts of heat. She didn't fear for her or the babe to freeze during the night. She eventually drifted of to a troubled light sleep.