•1•

Lauren is apprehensive. Sure, she's been quite nervous about things before but she's never described it as apprehensive. She's a senior now, freshly seventeen. She knows nobody at this school, but she wants to know someone. She wants a relationship, one to replace the broken one she had with Lucy. Are any of the girls at Norwood even lesbian? She doubts it, but she wants to try. So she goes in, her backpack slung over her shoulder and her phone tucked into her shorts pocket.

The looks she gets from the students are smoldering. They stare at her as she walks in - some with a look of awe on their faces and others with complete shock. Did she have something on her face? Was she strange looking? Lauren jams her hands into her pockets, keeping her head down. She's already attracting unwanted attention, yet it's only her first day. But she keeps walking, her eyes low to the ground.

Lauren bumps into someone, dropping her keys on the ground with a clattering sound. Heads turn as she bends over to pick it up, but the boy who bumped into her was too busy staring at her ass to apologize. She keeps walking, her face reddening from the heat of the looks she's been getting. But she freezes.

A gorgeous girl is sitting in the little atrium in the hallway, her arm wrapped around a small brunettes waist. A taller blonde is sitting next to her, playing with her hair. A shorter blonde is flirting with a boy in the back, laughing at whatever jokes he was saying. But Lauren's eyes kept straying back to the girl in the center.

The brown girl was beyond gorgeous, she was stunning - absolute perfection. Just from here, Lauren could make out the pearly white smile that lit up the room when she flirted, the grin stretching across her face. She could make out her probably defined abs, the sparkly belly button piercing, and the tattoo that stretched from her v-line until the beginning of her crop top. Then the girl looked her way, locking eyes with Lauren from across the hall. Lauren felt her world stop, her breathing stop - it was just her and this mysterious girl. The brown girl stood up, walking towards her with a fast pace. Her dark brown, almost black, hair was curled and covered with a hood. She wore all black, as if she was incognito or something.

The girl stopped right in front of her, shooting that pearly white smile that everyone seemed to adore

The girl stopped right in front of her, shooting that pearly white smile that everyone seemed to adore. It made Lauren melt a little inside, the warmth flooding to her cheeks. The girl took her hand and smiled, raising it to her lips.

"Hi there," She beamed, pressing her soft lips to the back of her hand. "You're beautiful." Lauren looks away from her, running a hand through her hair.

"H-Hi," Lauren stammers, trying to regain composure. "T-Thank you."

"My name is Normani," Normani introduces herself, rubbing the back of Lauren's hand gently with her thumb. "What's yours?"

"I'm Lauren," She answers running her hand through her hair again.

"You must be new," Normani observes. "Welcome to Norwood." Lauren swallows.