•12•

"You bitch!" Kehlani's fist magically connects with Normani's jaw, catching the older girl off guard. She stumbles backwards, blinking in surprise. Draco magically appears behind her, catching her before she hit the ground. Lauren steps back as Kehlani advances toward her, stressfully running her fingers through her hair. In a matter of seconds, Kehlani is on the ground, clutching her jaw.

"Don't come near us with your foul stench," Normani growls. "I don't need you poisoning her mind."

"I'm the one poisoning her?" Kehlani inquires, shocked. "I'm not the one telling her side chicks that they belong to me. I'm don't treat a woman like she's no more than an object."

"Stay away from all of us," Normani commands. "You'll regret it if you do."

"You just don't have anything to say back," The older girl freezes.

"I have plenty to say to you," She threatens. "Have you talked to Mr. Harris since he left? Surely you've kept in touch since you fucked ten times in his classroom right on his deck. What about when you were sucking his dick under the desk during class? I guess the apple doesn't fall far from the tree."

The tatted girl sprints off, tears rolling her cheek. Lauren blinks, still not able to process what the fuck just happened.

"I'm leaving," Normani mutters, talking to Draco. "That bitch is wasting my time."

"What do you want me to do while you're gone?" Draco rumbles.

"Help Ariana find some more on Kehlani," The brown girl orders. "I'm not done with her."

"Mani," He eases. "Go easy on her."

"I can take it if she just comes after me," Normani snaps. "But she came after Lauren too. I don't take shit from anybody, especially if it's about Lauren."

"Understandable," Draco nods. "Text me when you get home." Normani turns and intertwines her fingers with Lauren's, kissing her quickly.

"Lets go home baby,"

* * *

"Lauren?" Normani asks as the girl walks around her living room. "Show me some of your songs."

"O-Okay," The pale girl agrees, rummaging through her bag and pulling out her notebook. Normani takes it away gently, flipping through the pages. She stops at one, reading the title.

'New Americana'

Cigarettes in tiny liquor bottles
Just what you'd expect inside her new Balenziaga
Viral mess, turns dreams into an empire
Self-made success, now she rose with Rockefellers

Normani skips a few lines, skimming over the songs.

Young James Dean, some say he looked just like his father
But he can never love somebody's daughter
Football team, loved more than just the games
So he vowed to be his husband at the altar

She flips the pages, stopping at the next song she comes across.

'Coming Down'

I found God
I found her in a lover
When her hair falls in her face
And her hands, so cold they shake

I found the Devil
I found her in a lover
And her lips like tangerines
And her color coded speak

Normani notices how the song says her, and she raises her eyebrows but stays quiet. She wonders if the song is written for or about her.

'Strange Love'

We wrote a story in the fog on the windows that night
But the ending is the same every damn time

"Lo," Normani speaks up after a long stretch of silence. "Sing one for me."

"Do you have a piano?" The younger girl asks, taking her notebook and flipping through the pages. The older girl nods, pointing to the center of the room. Lauren strides over to it, clearing her throat and setting everything up.

She says "Oh baby girl, you know we're gonna be legends
I'm the queen and you're the princess and we'll stumble through heaven
If there's a light at the end, it's just the sun in your eyes
I know you wanna go to heaven but you're human tonight"

And I've been sitting at the bottom of a swimming pool
For a while now, drowning my thoughts out with the sounds

Normani leans back and closes her eyes, listening to the lyrics. She can almost tell that it's about her.

She says "Oh baby girl, don't get cut on my edges
I'm the queen of everything and oh, my tongue is a weapon
There's a light in the crack that's separating your thighs
And if you wanna go to heaven you should fuck me tonight

Normani stands up, walking silently over to Lauren. She's too focused, her eyes close as she runs her fingers over the piano.

But do you feel like a young god?
You know the two of us are just young gods
And we'll be flying through the streets with the people underneath
And they're running, running, running

Normani smiles and claps her hands, sliding onto the bench next to her. She gives her a praising kiss, leaning in.

"That was beautiful," She beams. "Who is it about?" The brown girl already knows the answer, but she wants to see what Lauren says.

"Um," The Latina fidgets. "Lucy. It's how we met." The younger girl knows that she's lying, but she's not sure if she wants to tell Normani that it's about her. She lays her head on the older girl's lap, closing her eyes and feeling her play with her hair.

She fell asleep.

A/N: 3k!!! WHOOP WHOOP! Thank you to all my readers! 💕

Sorry I haven't updated really, so this is just a half ass filler chapter. I've got some fluff coming next...and maybe some smut.

If you don't know the songs, you should listen to them. All of them are by Halsey.

BYEEEEE