•2•

Lauren felt so out of place. Sure, she was with Normani, but she felt so alone around the other girls. She wanted to curl up into a ball and hide in the corner. She didn't like the vibe she was getting from the others, but she liked Normani, which should top everything. So she stayed where she was, rooted to the seat next to Normani in the atrium. She felt the older girl run her hand down her back while the other hand laid possessively on her thigh. The others talked with some of the other cheerleaders, laughing and joking around.

A beautiful girl approached Normani, the smell of weed radiating from her. Normani broke her impenetrable focus as she plays with Lauren's hair, turning her attention on the tatted girl.

"You've got fresh meat?" The tatted girl hisses. She glowers at Normani, her fists balling and relaxing. Normani seems to notice this, and she snaps her fingers once. Like magic, the other girls are right behind her. What does she do to them?

"I don't know what you're talking about," Normani bluffs.

"You've got all these girls wrapped around your finger," The tatted girl snaps. "Possessive bitch."

"Fuck off Kehlani," Dinah growls.

"You don't belong here bitch," Ally adds.

"Stay away from us slut," Camila interjects. Normani sits there, a smug look now on her face. Lauren looks at her feet and kicks her legs back and forth, trying to check out of the conversation.

"You," Kehlani's head turns its attention on Lauren. "What's your name?" Lauren opens her mouth to speak, but is stopped by the look that Normani is giving her. Normani leans over to her ear.

"Don't tell her your name sweetie," She commands. Lauren listens. She feels a need deep inside of her body not to disappoint Normani.

"I said what's your name?" Kehlani repeats.

"Goodbye Kehlani," Normani dismisses.

"You don't know what you're getting into girl," Kehlani warns, before turning on her heel and storming off.

"You listen," Normani praises. "That's good. Listen to me and you'll be alright." Lauren gives Normani an adorable smile as the brown girl strokes her hair. She usually doesn't let people touch it, but if it's Normani, she's okay with it.

Normani's hand returned to her back, rubbing slowly up and down. Lauren felt her body relax onto Normani, and the older girl laid Lauren's head on her lap. She strokes her cheek gently, playing with her hair.

"Mani," Camila begins. "Can I go apologize to Taylor?"

"About?" Normani inquires, her hand now rubbing Lauren's arm.

"Not sitting with her at lunch today," Camila explains.

"No," Normani simply states. "You can tell her to come here, or better yet send her a text."

"But Mani-" Normani cuts her off.

"No buts," She growls, looking at Camila. "You are to send her a text or nothing at all, do you understand me?"

"Yes Mani," Camila gives in. Lauren is confused. Why are they letting Normani dictate their life's? She wonders. She finds it quite strange. Is she going to be treated like that?

"Mani," Camila returns. "Why can't Taylor be here?"

"Because I don't like snakes in my garden," Normani replies tersely. Lauren looks up at the older girl, earning a smile from her.

"Is something wrong Lauren?" Lauren debates whether or not to ask the question, pondering for a second.

"Why isn't Camila allowed to apologize to Taylor?" Lauren asks tentatively.

"Because I don't want her to," Normani states.

"But what if they don't listen?"

"They get punished," Lauren realizes quickly that that was the end of the conversation. She quiets down before opening her mouth to speak again.

"Will you treat me like that?" She asks, her voice barely a whisper.

"Don't be scared Lauren," Normani soothes. "I'm not going to hurt you." Yet. Normani feels the thought flutter across her mind, but she doesn't pay attention to it.

"You are my prize," She whispers. "I don't want to damage my prized possession."

"Possession?" Lauren echoes.

"Yes Lauren," Normani runs her fingers gently over Lauren's cheek. "You are mine." She rubs the younger girl until she falls asleep. Normani sighs. It's after school hours, how is she supposed to get Lauren home?

"Mani," Dinah whispers behind her. Normani brightens up slightly. The young Polynesian was her first possession, and also her best friend. She lifts her head to look at the girl.

"She's so innocent," Dinah murmurs. "Can she handle you?" Normani shrugs.

"I'll teach her to handle me,"

* * *

Lauren wakes up in her room, pajamas laid out on the nightstand next to her. She stretches and yawns. How did she get here? She had fallen asleep on Normani's lap since she was playing with her hair and rubbing her arm. That had always been her weakness. Lauren shuffled out of bed, putting her slippers on in order to walk downstairs.

Voices filled the dining room as she approached, laughter filling the halls.

"Mija!" Clara exclaims. Lauren is too busy staring at Normani, who is seated at the counter with a glass of water in her hands. She gives Lauren a sweet looks, sipping the water.

"Sleep well Lauren?" She questions, putting her glass back on the counter. Lauren nods, not able to find the right words to speak.

"Normani is such a sweet girl," Clara beamed. "I'm glad you made such a great friend on your first day."

"She has more friends then just me, Mrs. Jauregui," Normani corrects. Clara's smile only widens.

"Thank you," Clara smiles. "It means a lot that you've been including her."

"I'm going to have a lot of fun with her," Normani gives Lauren a sly look. "Mrs. Jauregui."

Lauren walks with Normani to the door, opening it for the older girl. She is rewarded with that pearly white smile that always makes her melt a little inside. She blushes when Normani touches her hand, bringing it up to her soft lips again.

"I'll pick you up tomorrow," Normani says. "Until next time, sweetheart." Lauren is left in awe as she watches Normani walk away, her face still warm after closing the door. She never felt so conflicted in her life. Does she want Normani to have complete control over her? Lauren heads to the bathroom, preparing for a shower. Maybe if we're together I can change her. Lauren thinks with pride. She wants to be the one responsible for changing Normani.

But does Normani want to be changed?