The Arrival

"Where is she? Is she ok??" The boy came rushing into his own house.

"She will be. She's resting." I explained.

"Angeloids can't rest." The boy tried to correct me.

"They can if it's induced." I told him.

I saw a nerve flare in his head.

"Did you hurt her, you son of a bitch?" He rolled up his sleeves and balled his fists.

"Calm down, Tomoki. She's safe because of him." A smaller, blue haired Angeloid tried to calm him down.

"Him. Yeah, about that. You're the only male Angeloid I've ever seen." The boy noticed.

"I am the Apocalypse class Angeloid. Wing Varient: Shadow Eternal. Type: Zeta. Guardian." I identified.

"I've never heard of a type Zeta."  The blue haired Angeloid spoke to me.

I recognized her as an Electronic Warfare Class.

"Data like that is highly sensitive." I explained.

"Would you at least put a shirt on?" Tomoki yelled.

"Clothes restrict movement in my wings." I moved my wings in small circles.

"I like him like that. Who doesn't love a little skin?" Mikako walked in.

"Why do you people keep coming to my house? Fine, put on a shirt that's an order!" Tomoki pointed at me.

"You don't order me, bug" I said sternly.

"Tch-" Tomoki was ticked.

"You're not his master, dummy." Astrea laughed at him.

"Guardian is independent of a master." Ikaros stated as she came down the stairs.

"No master? Now how does that work?" Mikako pondered.

"Are you ok, Ikaros? This guy gave you an awful shock when you saw him. Do you know him?" Tomoki asked her.

Ikaros looked to me for guidance. I just crossed my arms.

"No, Master. I am just meeting him today as you are." Ikaros assured.

"Then why did you call him master?" Tomoki asked genuinely.

"Who cares. You said we were going to do something fun today." Nymph said after Tomoki.

"Oh yeah, Sohara is waiting for us at the beach. ...Sohara is waiting for us at the beach!" Tomoki realized.

"Tomo! Hey! I rented some jet skis for the day and-" She stopped running to us and froze.

"Hey, Sohara! Sorry we're late. It's actually a funny story-" I cut off Tomoki's useless explanation.

"Greetings, Miss Sohara. I am Guardian." I opened my hand for a handshake.

"Oh. It's nice to-" I cut her off as she took my hand.

"Please, the pleasure is all mine." I turned her hand and kissed the top of it politely.

Sohara looked at me in surprise. She pulled her hand away quickly and fanned her blushing face.

"Well, I uhmm, I set up a spot for us over there. C'mon!" Sohara walked quickly.

"So, what's this you were saying about jet skis?" Mikako asked.

"Oh right! They're waiting for us on the dock." Sohara pointed.

I walked over before anyone could respond and lead the others over onto the docks. I looked down at the jet skis and wondered why one would use such machinery.