Awoken Souls

I kicked Tomoki's bedroom door open and leaned both Nymph and Ikaros against the back wall. Tomoki rushed upstairs to help.

"Are they going to be okay?" Tomoki was very worried.

"They will be fine. I simply need a few hours to restart their systems." I lied.

"Sure. Thank you, Guardian." Tomoki was sincere as he shut the door.

I grabbed both Angeloids foreheads again and woke them instantly. Both Ikaros and Nymph looked at me with a sort of wonder.

"I am sorry I had to do that to you two." I felt guilty.

"We were dreaming!" Nymph was excited but she yelled quietly.

I must have forgotten that they could not dream on normal means. I wanted to cry for them. Ikaros instantly sensed this and hugged me tightly but it did not help. Nymph hugged me on the opposite side. A single tear came from each of my eyes and rushed down my cheeks. I felt... happy.

"Rise and shine, you freakin' idiots! It's time for school!" Tomoki broke his bedroom door down.

I opened my eyes to see that Ikaros slept directly below where I hung. I stared at her for a short while. She looked up at me once Tomoki walked back downstairs.

"Good morning, master." Ikaros said in a different tone than normal.

I smiled the best I could and dropped down. I walked downstairs with her to see Tomoki and Sohara sitting at their table eating some eggs and bacon.

"Yours are right here. Sit." Sohara gestured lightly.

I walked up and sat down to eat. I ate my eggs and bacon and noticed Tomoki and Sohara were smiling as I did.

"What is it?" I was confused.

"Tomoki made those for you." Sohara smiled.

I looked to Tomoki and he started to laugh but I thought nothing of it.

"You have my thanks, Tomoki." I simply said.

Tomoki snapped out of his laughter. He looked at me confused. He must have expected more of a reaction out of me. I stood up and leaned against a wall, waiting for Ikaros and Nymph to come down and eat.

"So Guardian, You've become quite popular at school." Sohara was about to continue before Tomoki interrupted her.

"Oh, shut up about that!" Tomoki was feeling brave.

"Don't be a dick, Tomo. You're just jealous the girls look at him like that and not you." Sohara made a valid point.

"Am not!" Tomoki yelled making it obvious that it was true.

I sat in second period staring out the window scanning through my thoughts when Mikako suddenly came over the PA.

"Good morning, everyone! Are you all ready to see something you've never seen before? Then come outside to see the big show at lunch today!" The bell rang as Mikako finished.

"That's our queue." Sugata got up and told Tomoki, to get up too.

"You too, Guardian." Sugata tapped my shoulder.

"Whatever it is I do not wish to see it." I looked back out the window.

"You won't be seeing it." Sugata assured me.

I looked back at him confused.

Sugata lead us all outside to Mikako.

"What is it now?" Tomoki was annoyed.