Flowing Notes

I woke up still sitting against the wall. Nymph was next to me resting her head on my good shoulder. She was tightly gripping my hand. Ikaros walked slowly over to Nymph and I. She fell to her knees in front of me. Her eyes started to fill with tears as she stared at the floor but I lifted up her chin with my fingertip. Ikaros looked into my eyes trying to hold back her tears. She felt bad for damaging me.

"Bullseye." I gave her a small smile.

I felt a sharp pain in my shoulder. I let go of Nymph's hand to press my open wound but I noticed it had been bandaged up.

"I put it on while you were out." Nymph said innocently.

"I thank you..." I growled in more pain.

I brought my hand over again to hold the bandage but I noticed it was drenched in my blood. I looked at my hand, then down to notice Nymph's white glove also covered in it. She gave a weak smile.

"I didn't care." Nymph looked at it too.

"Clearly." I tried getting up to move my wings but the pain made me fall back down.

"Sit, you need your rest." Nymph put her clean hand on my chest to keep me down.

I tried to move my wings while I sat but I struggled to move them. They shook rapidly like an earthquake. I folded them to put them to rest until I had fully healed.

"I feel like a flightless bird." I whined a bit as I didn't like being helpless.

"We all have our weaknesses." Nymph tried to cheer me up.

"Mine is being a monster..." I hung my head.

"What? No! That isn't true! You're nothing like that!" Nymph seemed to be the only one talking.

"Perhaps not to you, but look at the destruction I've already caused." I thought it over more. "Every day I distance myself from people I care about in order to keep them safe, because I fear I will get them killed. And if it is not the enemies I bring with me, then it would be my own reckless rage." I explained.

"But you're-"

"You two are the most important things to me right now and I will do anything in my power to keep you alive. Even if that means having to break an old promise." I revealed.

Both Nymph and Ikaros stayed silent as they didn't know what the promise was. I slowly stood up and started to walk upstairs to Tomoki's room.

"I will protect you even if it means my own life." I said as I left the room.

I walked into Tomoki's room and hung from the ceiling, shutting my eyes to rest.

"You did not tell me of your return." A familiar female voice told me.

I woke from darkness to see a giant endless field. I did not need to look around to know who was contacting me.

"I kept my promise for all this time. But I may have to break it now." I turned around to face Daedalus.

"You won't need to." She spoke.

"We both know his power is far too great for me to fight alone. Even Ikaros and I together may not be strong enough." I told her.

"What about Nymph?" Daedalus foolishly asked.

"Her hacking field doesn't touch Synapsians, you know that." I responded immediately.

Daedalus looked down at the grass and tried to think.

"Then the attack is our only option." Daedalus thought she was onto something.