Daybreak

Morning broke and Tomoki was confused when he awoke to see me still upside down on the ceiling.

"What are you hanging like a bat for?" Tomoki asked.

I joined the rest of the Angeloids downstairs for morning TV, seeing the three of them cutely sat around the living room coffee table. I jumped up and hung upside down in the middle of the room, watching the soaps with Nymph, Ikaros and Astrea. Tomoki walked in rubbing his eyes behind us.

"Okay, seriously? Ugh, never mind." Tomoki went to the kitchen and came back with little sandwiches for all of us.

"Eat up, you'll need energy for the day." Tomoki set the plates down on the table with a smile.

The rest of the Angeloids happily ate, and only one remained.

"Guardian, eat your breakfast, you're going to starve." Tomoki suggested.

"I'm not hungry." I spoke back.

"Look, I know you don't want to eat it but it'll help you be stronger." Tomoki tried to convince me.

"Morning, Tomo." Sohara walked in and yawned.

"Hey Sohara, can you make something for Guardian and I? He won't eat his sandwich." Tomoki sat down.

"I just woke up and you're already putting me to work?" Sohara put her hands on her hips.

"What? No, no! Guardian won't eat what I make! I'm sure he'll love your stuff, I know I would, heheh- Agh!" Sohara chopped Tomoki's forehead before he could say anything else.

"Fine, you're helping me." Sohara walked into the kitchen first.

"Yeah, sure." Tomoki rubbed the goose egg on his head and got up to follow her.

I waited until they started making food, then I dropped down and walked out the sliding glass door. Nymph opened her mouth to say something but stayed silent and watched me walk away. I opened my wings and flew off to the distant cherry blossom tree on the hill. I landed in the grass and looked up into the blue sky.

"You know, you should probably tell someone where you're going before you leave home." Nymph spoke behind me.

"I figured no one would care." I turned to her.

"I know that feeling. But we care about you, Guardian." Nymph kept her eyes locked to mine.

I stayed silent as Nymph walked up and rested her head on my chest.

"I know you think you don't matter... But some of us need you more than others..." Nymph said softly.

I grabbed her and took off into the sky. She looked down and then gripped onto me tightly. She peeked up at me and I touched the center point between both of her wings, making her them appear for her to use. Nymph looked at me in awe and I let go, waiting until she flew up to me on her own path. Nymph flew past me slowly and put her face extremely close to mine. I flapped hard and shot backwards away from her playfully. She smiled and chased me as I spun and dropped a few feet before shooting back upwards. Nymph giggled a bit behind me as she continued to give chase.

"You'll never get away!" She laughed.

"Try me!" I yelled back.

I flapped hard and shot straight up into the sky. I got as high as I could and then shut my wings. My momentum slowed and I started to fall. I dropped past Nymph and watched her attempt to chase me down towards the ground. She fell and began to catch up with me. She got close and fell right beside me gracefully. Nymph put her hand on my cheek and rested her forehead against mine before I pulled away. I opened my wings and flew back to the cherry blossom tree. Nymph tackled me in the air and made us tumble against soft grass. We both laughed as we laid together.

Nymph and I walked in the open sliding glass door and we met the others looking at us.

"Where were you? We were worried sick!" Tomoki yelled.

"Calm down, Tomo. They weren't even gone for an hour." Sohara said as she also watched the TV.

"Still, you know not to wander off like that." Tomoki lectured.

I walked over to Ikaros and whispered something in her ear.

"Alright, here." Ikaros took out a teleport card and gave it to me.

I didn't say a word and thought about what I wanted to conjure. The card began to glow bright and turned into an electronic keyboard like a piano.

"A keyboard? Do you know how to play?" Tomoki looked at me and asked.

I turned it on and tested by hitting a few simple keys in sequence. Nymph excitedly ran over to me to see and I had a sudden idea. I grabbed Nymphs hand quickly and hacked her voice box, making her sing along to my tune. I changed her high pitches quickly and correctly to make sure it synced up with my music. I let go of Nymph and gave her a break while I played very quick notes in a tune. Everyone watched closely to my fast hands as I finished my solo and grabbed Nymphs hand again. This time I faded out my portion and made her sing on her own. She gripped my hand tightly as she sang her last notes as I let her finish and she let go of my hand. Tomoki and Sohara were jaw dropped. Ikaros seemed to like the tune as well.

"That was freakin' awesome!" Tomoki threw his arm up.

"No kidding! When did you guys have time to plan that?" Sohara asked.

Nymph blushed as she had never sang in front of anyone before.

"We didn't." I responded.

"Could've fooled me! You guys should perform!" Tomoki yelled.

"Guardian would. I didn't really do anything... he hacked my voice box and made me sing." Nymph tried to push the attention to me.

"It was your still your voice." I said making, her blush.

"Why didn't you sing, Guardian?" Sohara asked.

"I don't sing." I replied.

I stood up and walked toward the sliding glass door.

"I must go. Mikako and I have plans today." I looked out to the sky.

"What, you're just going to leave us?" Tomoki asked.

"I will be sure to return soon, take care." I slightly turned my head back to say.

I walked out to the street and shot off the ground into the sky.