T W O

The two men were in the locker room, Jack Swagger paced back and forth while Dean sat on a bench, eyes fixated on the TV screen in front of him. "Do you think the crowd was happy to see me?" Jack asked raking his fingers through his blonde hair,

"Uh-huh," Dean nodded not even hearing what Jack said, he couldn't peel his eyes away; Penelope had a second chance at the women's title and he was hoping she pulled it off. The match was intense to say the least all of the women were giving it their all. "Yes" He muttered to himself watching Poppy suicide dive out of the ring; knocking all of her opponents down.

Jack looked over seeing him get excited about the match, "Since when do you care about the women's division?" He asked his brow cocked up, that lisp just barely bleeding through. "One of them catch your eye?" He wiggled his brows at his friend, a goofy grin on his face.

"No." He said quickly, biting down on his bottom lip. Poppy was nothing more than a friend, he tried to reason. She needed his help and he wanted to give that to her, sure she was pretty but that was beside the point.

"Oh c'mon you can tell me, I promise I won't tell Renee." He taunted, Dean looked over to him

"They have a title now, I need to keep up on that."

"Planning on going for the Women's championship?" He laughed, Dean rolled his eyes and turned back to the screen just in time to see Alexa Bliss celebrating her victory.

"Shit, you made me miss it. What happened?" The camera flashed past a disappointed Poppy and his heart fell, she didn't look so much defeated as she did angry.

"They'll replay it, just give them a second."

Dean watched, losing wasn't a big deal he just hoped that Penelope wasn't the one pinned. They played it back, she was setting up for her finisher on Alexa when Carmella came out of nowhere and super kicked her. The blonde threw Carmella out of the ring and pinned Poppy. "Fuck, I gotta go." He said quickly getting to his feet.

"Where?" Jack hollered after him,

"Straight into a storm..." He uttered under his breath, he saw himself in Poppy and he knew she was close to her breaking point, he needed to get to her before she made a mistake that could ruin her career forever.

His worst fear was realized, he could hear her through the door to catering she was screaming at the top of her lungs. "You're supposed to be my friend!" Poppy cried, security was making their way towards her.

"Easy boys, I got this." Dean said quickly walking past them to Poppy. She was screaming at Carmella, her hands clenched on the edge of the table shaking it. He lunged forward when he saw her flip the table, the room gasped and he quickly wrapped his arms around her body hugging her arms down. "Everything is fine, go back to what you were doing. Poppy is very sorry-" He started but she cut in,

"No I'm not." She snapped, trying to squirm out of his grip, the tension in the room was thick. This was a side to her that no one had ever seen.

"She's having a bad week, there is no need to mention this to Shane or Daniel." He let go of her but held onto her wrist, he motioned with his head for her to follow him, the tears still streaming down her face. She didn't have a choice though, he didn't let go of her wrist until he had her out in the hall. "What the fuck was that? What happened to that sweet girl I met Sunday?" He scolded,

"I'm tired of losing. I was so close this time. I haven't won one match since I got up here. Do you know how that feels?" Her voice got choked up those green eyes brighter than he remembered, "Carmella should have let me have just this one. She's supposed to be my friend." The anger was evaporating leaving her with only sadness in her heart.

Penelope couldn't handle this pain on her own anymore, she wrapped her arms around Dean's waist; hugging him and crying into his chest. He felt for her, any anger or disappointment toward her gone, with a sigh he wrapped his arm around her, holding her tight.

"I understand you are upset, but don't ruin your whole career just because you can't control yourself. Carmella shouldn't hand you anything. You need to earn it." She let out a loud sob and it hurt him knowing she was so upset. "Do you know how many times I've used dirty deeds on Roman? Probably more than I had to, but when the title is on the line that comes first. Friendship is second to the championship." She nodded in his chest, she sniffled trying to pull the rest of her tears back.

"I'm sorry I snapped..." She said pulling back, their eyes meet and his chest tightens

"You wear your heart on your sleeve but you have to learn to control it. You know you could have been suspended if Shane or Daniel was there? Or worse..." Her head tilted down with shame, he was right it was a stupid thing for her to do. He cupped her chin bringing her gaze back to his; needing to see those eyes. "Promise me you won't do that again?" He whispered moving his hand away from her face, she nodded. "Promise me." He said a little more stern.

"I promise." She croaked out, he gave a small smile before pressing his lips to her forehead.

"Good girl." Her heart fluttered in her chest, heat was making it's way to her cheeks.

"What's this about?" They both jumped at the unexpected voice interrupting an intimate stare,