F O U R

It was Sunday and that meant Dean was training with Seth. Roman and Dean weren't as close as they used to be since the brand split, but Rollins and him stayed close. Seth was lifting weights while Dean was...daydreaming. "Dean, do you love Renee?" Seth asked out of nowhere,

Dean climbed to his feet, defensively, "Yeah of course I do, why would you ask that?" He glared, folding his arms across his chest. The long haired man shrugged, before reaching back up to the bar.

"You don't seem in love, anymore. Look, Renee is great but is she the right woman for you?" He grunted slowly bringing the weights back down, he had been wondering the same thing these last few days, but that was none of Seth's business.

"I love Renee." He said stern, trying to leave no doubt but even he didn't know if he believed the words. His gaze dropped to the floor as he thought about Penelope, he didn't question his feeling until he met her.

"No, opposites do attract but you two are too different. You like training, she likes talking, you hate social media, she loves it. I don't know, man. I just want you to be happy." He looked back at his friend, his eyes sincere.

Dean shook his head "I am happy..." Seth looked at him, almost as if he didn't believe him. But he wasn't unhappy, he knew that much for sure. Life with Renee wasn't a bad thing. He rubbed the back of his neck, as he tried to think of the last time he was truly happy, almost giddy inside like a schoolgirl. Images of him kissing Poppy on the forehead flash in his mind before he shakes it away.

"What do you think of Carmella's friend?" Dean frowned,

"Who Poppy? She's okay." He swallowed hard, hoping Seth wasn't going where he thought he was.

"Great, you know her name. Get to know her, she's great, I helped train her while she was in NXT." He smirked, and Ambrose's jaw clenched tight, Seth slept with most women he trained and the thought made Dean's stomach twist into knots. Was he jealous? "Though I don't think I'd admit that to anyone else, she's been on a losing streak since she got brought up."

He shook his head "Nah, Renee thinks I should be focused on getting my world title back. You know the one, right? The one I took from you." He grinned as his friend sat up with a frown, "Aren't you also on a losing streak? I see where Poppy gets it from." He winked,

"If you're so awesome, why don't you train her?" He growled back, wiping his face with a towel, all amusement drained from Dean's face. Seth smirked, "Afraid you'll fall for her?" He laughed, Dean shook his head, Seth was starting to irk him.

"No, I just got a lot going on. I don't have time to worry about someone else." He said through gritted teeth, his palms extra sweaty, he was sick of this topic. He didn't want to doubt himself, he had invested so much time into Renee.

"Okay, I'll let Penny know you can't help her." Seth shrugged, anger brewing within Dean, he hadn't know Poppy long but he was sure he'd never heard anyone call her Penny before. His hand clenched into fists at his side,

"If you like her so much why don't you date her?" He forced a chuckle out, but it was stiff. He needed to know if Seth and her had been together. He didn't know why but the thought made him sick to his stomach. Seth turned around cocking an eyebrow up,

"Penny is cool but she's like my sister." Dean let out a breath he hadn't realized he was holding, he nodded, relief washing over his body as he released his fist. "And you're like a brother to me. I'm actually surprised, I was pretty sure you guys would have instant chemistry."